Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach says Manny will make Margarito 'eat his words' for Parkinson's mockery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach says Manny will make Margarito 'eat his words' for Parkinson's mockery

By Gareth A Davies
    Boxing Correspondent
    The Telegraph
    11 Nov 2010

Freddie Roach, trainer to Manny Pacquiao, was incensed last night when a video, released on the internet, showed Pacquiao’s opponent this weekend Antonio Margarito, and cornerman Brandon Rios, apparently poking fun of Roach’s Parkinson’s Syndrome.

“We are going to make him eat his words,” said Roach.

The video will fuel the fight at Dallas Cowboys Stadium on Saturday night, when 70,000 are attending live.

The handshaking and mocking gestures were caught on video and have gone viral across the internet. In a video interview posted by Elie Seckbach of AOL FanHouse, Margarito can be seen twisting his face and raising a shaking hand to the camera.

Rios was also contorting his faces and stuttering the name of Pacquiao, the Filipino seven-weight world champion who has worked with Roach for nine years and is now considered the world’s No 1 pound for pound fighter.

Margarito’s trainer Robert Garcia also took part in the mockery by holding up a thick piece of metal, telling Roach had better watch closely as Margarito’s hands are wrapped so that it doesn’t end up under the tape.

Garcia has already apologised for the video. The ignominy is that Margarito was banned for a year after it was found that he had illegal hand wraps, with plaster of Paris found in the wraps.

Roach said last month that a boxer “having rocks” in wraps in his hands should not be allowed back into the ring and that it should be treated as “attempted murder”.

“This was nothing to do with the disease that Freddie Roach has. We know it’s something that we don’t wish on anybody,” Garcia said. “It’s something personal, something between Team Pacquiao and Team Margarito. I just wanted to make that clear.”

However, Roach has refused Garcia’s apology and has said he will ban Garcia from coming anywhere near his Wild Card Boxing Gym in Hollywood.
    Last edited by ThunderWolf; 11-11-2010, 09:14 AM.

Good.

He banned García from Wild Card Gym.

Now everyone knows he's not the hood role model he pretends to be .

As for Ríos and Margo everyone else knew they were d*rtbags.

Brandon Ríos has badmouthed J.M. Márquez.
    To be Mexican/Chicano and badmouth J.M. Márquez should be a cardinal sin.

Comment

roach lost the mind games he got a dose of his own medicine

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
        roach lost the mind games he got a dose of his own medicine
        The last time I saw Freddie put a hit on an opposing fighter was Hatton. You all know what happened there. The hit was a retaliatory attack of Freddie to Mayweather Sr.'s verbal attacks. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by The_FLash View Post
          The last time I saw Freddie put a hit on an opposing fighter was Hatton. You all know what happened there. The hit was a retaliatory attack of Freddie to Mayweather Sr.'s verbal attacks. Just saying.
          Quite easy to put "hits" when Manny is doing the punching.

Manny is a midgety BEAST.

Comment

Far from a mind game bro.... Talking **** is one thing but to mock a condition Roach has no control of is pretty damn dirty.. But I don't really think its Marga's style I think he happen to be caught up with Rios and all the **** talking.

Comment

Well, he's got the guy to "make him eat his words".

Comment

Working...
              X