Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eubank Sr says BJS/DeGale/GGG get blown out, McGregor/Bellew no chance v.FMM/Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coghaugen View Post
    Mayweather is not the best there's been in 10-15 years??
    Easily the best since the 80s. What planet do you live on?

Comment

I'm questioning the guy I quoted.

For me Floyd Joy is the best since Roy Jones Jr in the late 90s!

Comment

what a strange interview

Comment

And for me, James Toney in '92-'93 was better than Mayweather.

Comment

I like Chris Eubank Jr more than Sr, I actually think Jr might be more talented than his old man time will tell put it this way put someone like a Charlo brother in with Jr and you will see what will happen to either of them and it won't be pretty it will be Blackwell all over again, people often under credit Eubank Jr because of his old man legacy but when you look at the hype that average joe fighters like the Charlo bros are getting it makes you shake your head... But I guess that's just boxing forum bias because Eubank Jr is a much bigger name than any current active American fighter right now fans are naturally attracted to the best talents about.

Comment

Eubank Jr is going to prove himself as a very, very good fighter. He's made huge strides in the last 2 years.

As for Sr, I love the crazy b@stard.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                He says this, and yet his son has been vacationing like a billionaire in Dubai for the last month... Eubank Jr is already wearing the silk pajamas. Another Chavez Jr in the head.
                In fairness he seems to work hard in spite of that doe. Based on his snapchat he seems to be training all the time & never really seems to leave the gym for long. I don't think he's anything like Chavez, I don't think Sr would let things get to that point & I think he's involved, arguably too involved, with making sure Jr stays on the straight & narrow. I think regardless of what anyone thinks of Eubank Jr's overall upside he'll be the most successful son of a great boxer surpassing Chavez Jr when its all said & done.

Comment

Eubank Jr has been landing 30-punch combinations in every fight since Saunders. Unreal really.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    In fairness he seems to work hard in spite of that doe. Based on his snapchat he seems to be training all the time & never really seems to leave the gym for long. I don't think he's anything like Chavez, I don't think Sr would let things get to that point & I think he's involved, arguably too involved, with making sure Jr stays on the straight & narrow. I think regardless of what anyone thinks of Eubank Jr's overall upside he'll be the most successful son of a great boxer surpassing Chavez Jr when its all said & done.
                    Eubank Jr definitely stays in shape, but I don't think he's honing his craft. His father screwed up his amateur career sending him to Las Vegas and moving him around and what not. Jr is lacking in the fundamentals and I don't think he's getting it 'living the life'. We'll see, I love his potential, but he should be in a gym grinding against other good fighters and not being catered too like he's already earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      His father screwed up his amateur career sending him to Las Vegas and moving him around and what not.
                      I can see people having issues with that, but I always felt that was aimed as being long term beneficial and a paying of his dues for Jr that he otherwise wouldn't have gotten being a son of a famous boxer.

Jr is lacking in the fundamentals and I don't think he's getting it 'living the life'. We'll see, I love his potential, but he should be in a gym grinding against other good fighters and not being catered too like he's already earned it.
                      I think most cats we talk about can improve especially younger guys still coming up like Jr so I feel like you're being a lil over critical of him. To me his biggest hole is defense, but that tends to be an underutilized and underdeveloped skill in prospects who are largely just running guys over still.

And as far as him being catered to (which I don't agree with or disagree with cuz idk enough about that behind the scenes stuff) I think guys with potential who are ranked lower than Jr are often catered to in various ways in various places and can be much ado about nothing or play into a guy becoming entitled or complacent. I think that's more about the guys own personality than the catered to part.

Comment

Working...
                      X