Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will anyone have more than 1 great win this year in order to win FoY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    If Froch fought and beat Kessler later this year It would definitely be him. But as he's fighting Mack, you just can't give it to him.

I think if Salido beats Garica he's the obvious choice.
    True.

What about Donaire? WV2, Mathebula, and Nishioka. All top 10 fighters, including Nishioka being #1.

Lucky bastard picking these guys with perfect timing. Not one of those wins I was/will be impressed with. Mathebula was probably the best one there and he was not the best possible opponent available.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      True.

What about Donaire? WV2, Mathebula, and Nishioka. All top 10 fighters, including Nishioka being #1.

Lucky bastard picking these guys with perfect timing. Not one of those wins I was/will be impressed with. Mathebula was probably the best one there and he was not the best possible opponent available.
      Donaire's possible if he looks impressive against Nishioka.

WV2 and Mathebula aren't overly impressive wins but they are solid wins IMO. Beating Nishioka who IMO is the best fighter at 122 would give him a strong argument.

Comment

I agree with it going to Danny Garcia if he beats Morales again

Salido wouldn't be bad either

Martinez might be in the lead now after dominating Chavez Jr

Comment

I think donaire should get it if he were to beat nishioka that is..

so far this year he has unified the wbo and ibf by beating two guys ranked in the top ten best sbw..and nishioka is the #1 guy in the division, hasn't lost in like over 6 years i think, and is the real WBC champ. so unifying the wbo and ibf and beating the #1 ranked guy in the division in only one year is pretty good imo. plus donaire beating nishioka would make him one fight away from being the first undisputed asian boxer.
          Last edited by Bermuda; 09-26-2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Garcia with a good second win over Morales, if only for the name. Better if Morales looks decent and still loses decisively. I don't think a repeat of the first fight does it for Garcia.

Would be great to see Matthysse get it, though chances are his wins will be undervalued.

Comment

Sergio Martinez
              Danny Garcia
              Orlando Salido
              Nonito Donaire

Those are your early candidates right there.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                I think donaire should get it if he were to beat nishioka that is..

so far this year he has unified the wbo and ibf by beating two guys ranked in the top ten best sbw..and nishioka is the #1 guy in the division, hasn't lost in like over 6 years i think, and is the real WBC champ. so unifying the wbo and ibf and beating the #1 ranked guy in the division in only one year is pretty good imo. plus donaire beating nishioka would make him one fight away from being the first undisputed asian boxer.
                He hasn't lost since his 1st or second pro fight I think, which was way more than 6 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  He hasn't lost since his 1st or second pro fight I think, which was way more than 6 years ago.
                  he's talking about Nishioka. Which was about 8 years ago.

Comment

I see it now.

Comment

Sergio or Froch its a really weak year. Promoters just don't make big fights during Spring/Summer

Comment

Working...
                      X