No announcement yet.

Prime Tyson - Most overused word in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Tyson - Most overused word in boxing

Way to many times we see people write Prime Tyson on the internet, arguing "Prime Tyson" would KO anyone so let's look at some facts. The first is most the people don't even know when "Prime Tyson" was.

If you say Prime Tyson got knocked out by Buster Douglas they say he was past his prime. Then all the excuses about he had things going on or he wasn't the same after rooney etc.

He was only 23 fight Buster yet people claim a boxer was all ready past their prime at 23.

So then someone will say 86-90 he was at his prime. So the argument that he would KO anyone in his prime is irrelevant again because he went to points with FOUR boxers in that time.

Who did he really beat? Best win Spinks? Holmes was out 2 years and like 41.

I'm sure that every fighter fought before Douglas, Wladmir AJ Fury Wilder would have won them all none of them were elite. Wilder would have KOd Tucker Smith Green and Tiller.

Another fact is Tyson paid Lewis SIX MILLION as he wanted to avoid him in his prime then won his next fight and dropped the belt. Imagine now in the social media age if Wilder paid AJ SIX MILLION to avoid him if he was mandatory.

Another popular comment is 90s was a golden age and this era can't compare and they all fought each other. If i remember right Tyson and Lewis both did not fight Bowe (for whatever reason, i'm just stating the fact it didn't happen) and Tyson fought Lewis too late cause he avoided him in the 90s.

The post is not hating on Tyson, it's just trying to show the fact that i think any of Wlad AJ Fury Wilder could have competed with the top fighters of other era and M Tyson could have won then not saying he would not at all but the fact people act like Tyson Holyfield Lewis are so far better is annoying af. Imagine this era Wilder or AJ being KOd by a Mcall or Rahman they would never here the end of it. Boxers these days have more pressure with social media the second they throw a punch or a wild punch there'll be 1000s commenting on twitter and social media dissing them for every move they make it wasn't like that back then. Also wasn't as much drug testing like today so who knows what peds they could have been on then.
    Last edited by Boxing2022; 01-25-2020, 05:31 PM.

“Duck” is the most overused word in boxing.

Comment

I see two words? Do you mean "Prime"? If so, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2022 View Post
        Way to many times we see people write Prime Tyson on the internet, arguing "Prime Tyson" would KO anyone so let's look at some facts. The first is most the people don't even know when "Prime Tyson" was.

If you say Prime Tyson got knocked out by Buster Douglas they say he was past his prime. Then all the excuses about he had things going on or he wasn't the same after rooney etc.

He was only 23 fight Buster yet people claim a boxer was all ready past their prime at 23.

So then someone will say 86-90 he was at his prime. So the argument that he would KO anyone in his prime is irrelevant again because he went to points with FOUR boxers in that time.

I'm sure that every fighter fought before Douglas, Wladmir AJ Fury Wilder would have won them all none of them were elite. Wilder would have KOd Tucker Smith Green and Tiller.

Another fact is Tyson paid Lewis SIX MILLION as he wanted to avoid him in his prime then won his next fight and dropped the belt. Imagine now in the social media age if Wilder paid AJ SIX MILLION to avoid him if he was mandatory.

Another popular comment is 90s was a golden age and this era can't compare and they all fought each other. If i remember right Tyson and Lewis both did not fight Bowe (for whatever reason, i'm just stating the fact it didn't happen) and Tyson fought Lewis too late cause he avoided him in the 90s.

The post is not hating on Tyson, it's just trying to show the fact that i think any of Wlad AJ Fury Wilder could have competed with the top fighters of other era and M Tyson could have won then not saying he would not at all but the fact people act like Tyson Holyfield Lewis are so far better is annoying af. Imagine this era Wilder or AJ being KOd by a Mcall or Rahman they would never here the end of it. Boxers these days have more pressure with social media the second they throw a punch or a wild punch there'll be 1000s commenting on twitter and social media dissing them for every move they make it wasn't like that back then. Also wasn't as much drug testing like today so who knows what peds they could have been on then.
        I agree with most your points. Tyson could've been 10x greater but Cus died & it ruined his career before it even started in many ways because only cus would ever have taken him to a level capable of beating the great Holyfield,Lewis,etc. And I completely agree that fighters of yesteryear are overrated & put on a pedestal as if they'd brutalize modern fighters when in many scenarios its actually the exact opposite. Several fighters of today are operating at a higher level than prior eras due to nutrition,modern training,& just simply because many hws of today have physical gifts yesteryear fighters didn't. Perfect example is that Wilder would likely ko Tyson at any age just off size alone(size only matters when both are elite & it then becomes a differentiator)

Comment

Prime is the wrong word people are using, I think they mean the Tyson that was trained and discipline..not the guy who lsot his entire camp and lost all his defensive and counter punching

Comment

Duck and Robbery are two of the most used. Tbf even i've used duck but i think a lot of times it's more to do with promoters and network and money rather than the fact a boxer is scared. Robbery is used way too much, Wilder Fury Canelo GGG 2 etc are not robberies, close fights are not robberies people say this too often even though it is often that we see a judge with a ridiculous scorecard

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2022 View Post

- -U the ol' BlahBlahBoxing guy on PEDs now?

Choice!

Comment

Bro you're stealing my name...I'm flattered

Comment

Prime Tyson could KO anyone

Comment

Prime Tyson did exist. It was the young version that kept close ties to the Cus D'Amato training regimen that forged his skills.

Once he got away from that structure he was in an irreversible downward spiral.

Comment

Working...
                    X