Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you think that Angulo quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angulo is a beast. no way did he "quit" because of weakness... dudes orbital bone was broken, that could lead to numerous complications. granted, margs had his orbital bone broken too, against a more dynamic puncher too, and margs would not quit (thats what makes margs such a gangster).

he wouldnt quit if he didnt HAVE to... he was grinding down lara and actually winning rounds. tough luck on that, if his face held up, he mightve been able to pull a miracle and stop lara.... although lara's recovery was amazing.

Comment

• Malignaggi was losing to Cotto after suffering an orbital bone break with no hope to KO the Rican yet he never quit. Margo fought on despite the same injury with no hope of KOing Manny outside of a vicious left hook to the body....never quit. Angulo had Lara down twice, had the cards being scored tight and Lara was fading fast. Yet still he turned his back and pulled a Duran. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
        Malignaggi was losing to Cotto after suffering an orbital bone break with no hope to KO the Rican yet he never quit. Margo fought on despite the same injury with no hope of KOing Manny outside of a vicious left hook to the body....never quit. Angulo had Lara down twice, had the cards being scored tight and Lara was fading fast. Yet still he turned his back and pulled a Duran. Just saying.
        This type of fan will never understand the point that I'm making. Many of you are still saying that he quit. Can't you even see my point? He compared Duran quitting to Angulo retiring because of injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
          Malignaggi was losing to Cotto after suffering an orbital bone break with no hope to KO the Rican yet he never quit. Margo fought on despite the same injury with no hope of KOing Manny outside of a vicious left hook to the body....never quit. Angulo had Lara down twice, had the cards being scored tight and Lara was fading fast. Yet still he turned his back and pulled a Duran. Just saying.
          In all fairness though, the swellin' on Perro's injury looked much worse than theirs.

Comment

• Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
            angulo is a beast. no way did he "quit" because of weakness... dudes orbital bone was broken, that could lead to numerous complications. granted, margs had his orbital bone broken too, against a more dynamic puncher too, and margs would not quit (thats what makes margs such a gangster).

he wouldnt quit if he didnt HAVE to... he was grinding down lara and actually winning rounds. tough luck on that, if his face held up, he mightve been able to pull a miracle and stop lara.... although lara's recovery was amazing.
            Good post. Thank you.

Comment

• He gets pass from me!

He was damaged and in enormous distress. He had a chance for a KO win so there is no way he would abandon the fight unless he was severely compromised. He is an exceedingly tough guy that can take more than most.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuavale View Post
                He was damaged and in enormous distress. He had a chance for a KO win so there is no way he would abandon the fight unless he was severely compromised. He is an exceedingly tough guy that can take more than most.
                And this is my point. Well said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  This type of fan will never understand the point that I'm making. Many of you are still saying that he quit. Can't you even see my point? He compared Duran quitting to Angulo retiring because of injury.
                  I see what you are saying Duran literally gave up as opposed to Angulo submitting to injury. You are right, I was wrong in that sense...point taken. When I interjected "Duran" it was purely in the sense of turning his back and saying "no mas".

But my broader point is that precedence has been set in the way of Paulie and Margarito and the end result was different. Paulie lived to fight again where as that was the nail in Margo's career (see Cotto fight). Given a 50/50 proposition like that I understand Angulo choosing to no longer continue.

Look, this is a gladiator sport. Part of the reason I admire fighters and love the sport is because I can't put myself though a 6 week camp the way these guys do. Physically, mentally, nutritionally, and personally they sacrifice in every way then step onto a stage and literally fight. (Except PED abusers) I can probably only take a tenth of the punishment Angulo took before crying uncle...I get it.

But let's take this back to Angulo. He is neither skillful nor fast. All he does is come forward, take punishment and eat punches. He's a tank and relentless. That's all good and fine but if you dont have skill, don't have speed, don't defend yourself and all you have is a chin and heart. You can't get mad at being labeled a quitter because if you choose to not finish a fight (injury or not) then you still have a chin but what's that say about your heart?

Comment

• No he done the smart thing, one fight isn't worth risking your health and career . Plus Lara was putting those power punches together fr round 10 so everyone knows angulo would have been stopped later on in the fight anyway.
                    It's no shame losing to the best 154lber after mayweather

Comment

• Just curious....for those who find it acceptable/justified that angulo quit, do you feel the same way with cotto?

Also, if youbdont feel the same way, please state your nationality

(To be clear, I feel Angelo was justified/acceptable)

Comment

Working...
                      X