Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cory Spinks: #4 Jr. Middleweight in the World???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cory Spinks: #4 Jr. Middleweight in the World???

No, really. He's the #4 JMW in The Ring magazine's ratings. And apparently he's been in the top 10 for 141 weeks. How can he be ranked above interim champion Sergio Martinez and beltholders Sergei Dzindziruk & Daniel Santos when he hasn't won a fight since February '07?

Originally posted by sangresabia View Post
    No, really. He's the #4 JMW in The Ring magazine's ratings. And apparently he's been in the top 10 for 141 weeks. How can he be ranked above interim champion Sergio Martinez and beltholders Sergei Dzindziruk & Daniel Santos when he hasn't won a fight since February '07?
    Not saying he should be above Martinez and Dzindziruk, but Cory clearly beat Verno Phillips only to be robbed in his hometown (thats just harsh). Now Sergei was given a bit of a gift against Konecny, but it wasn't a complete robbery by any means. Sergei deserves to be ahead of Cory, but hey Angulo, Kirkland, Latimore, and Williams (if he stays) are the future of this division and even though I don't hate on Spinks as much as most do, apparently the hometown have ahd enough of his "fighting"

Comment

You can make good arguments for Spinks beating Phillips and Taylor.

Comment

Cory Spinks beats Angulo, Kirkland, Martinez..... But even with ALL of those EXCITING fighters, the fights would be BORING as hell.....

Comment

Originally posted by HTownTexan View Post
          Cory Spinks beats Angulo, Kirkland, Martinez..... But even with ALL of those EXCITING fighters, the fights would be BORING as hell.....
          I dont think he would beat Martinez, but the rest, I agree. These are fights not even a PURIST would be able to watch without falling asleep.

Comment

If i was a judge he wouldn't win **** he just runs

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
              If i was a judge he wouldn't win **** he just runs
              He never runs.... He uses a bunch of angles and fights in a slow rhythm.... I think thats why he is good.... He makes others fight his fight... He fights like he is stoned or something....

Comment

Originally posted by HTownTexan View Post
                Martinez crushes Spinks

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Martinez crushes Spinks

Maybe Martinez wins..... But no way he CRUSHES Cory....

Comment

I agree with you. And Williams should not be number 2 either.
                    This is how I see, the divison right now.
                    1.Dzindziruk
                    2.Forrest
                    3.Santos
                    4.Martinez
                    5.Williams
                    6.Spinks
                    7.Phillips
                    8.Mora
                    9.Kirkland
                    10.Alcime

Comment

Working...