Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: SHO's Farhood Backs Canelo To Defeat Golovkin in Upset

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I don't see Canelo beating Golovkin this is about the most I can imagine. Survive the bombs and outbox Golovkin and win a close victory.

Comment

2 years ago I would have given Canelo a 30% chance to win. A year ago a 40% chance. Now a 50% chance. Fact is that GGG was been getting hit a little more in his past 2 wins compared to the other wins he's had. If Brook and Jacobs can touch up GGG so can Canelo.

I see this as a good even fight that will be worth watching.
      Last edited by Sheppirino; 08-14-2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppirino View Post
        2 years ago I would have given Canelo a 30% chance to win. A year ago a 40% chance. Now a 50% chance. Fact is that GGG was been getting hit a little more in his past 2 wins compared to the other wins he's had. If Brook and Jacobs can touch up GGG so can Canelo.

I see this as a good even fight that will be worth watching.

i wouldn;t call it 50/50, but i don't think this post is all that far off. golvokin is very obviously sliding. the guy is in his mid 30's, had 300+ amateur fights, and his idea of defense is tucking his chin and bouncing shots off his forehead.

now, that said, jacobs is a better fighter by a long shot than anybody canelo fought. yes, floyd is better p4p, but jacobs is a MW and a very big one, and p4p is an abstraction that doesn't take that into account. leaning toward golovkin, but there's a point in every fighter's career where he can start to lose to guys who he would have beaten handily in his prime. canelo gets better every time he fights. he's a talented, hard worker, and he's improving. i think it's obvious now that golovkin is getting worse.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          i wouldn;t call it 50/50, but i don't think this post is all that far off. golvokin is very obviously sliding. the guy is in his mid 30's, had 300+ amateur fights, and his idea of defense is tucking his chin and bouncing shots off his forehead.

now, that said, jacobs is a better fighter by a long shot than anybody canelo fought. yes, floyd is better p4p, but jacobs is a MW and a very big one, and p4p is an abstraction that doesn't take that into account. leaning toward golovkin, but there's a point in every fighter's career where he can start to lose to guys who he would have beaten handily in his prime. canelo gets better every time he fights. he's a talented, hard worker, and he's improving. i think it's obvious now that golovkin is getting worse.
          I think to name any opponents as to whom has faced better fighters but you lost against,makes no sense.I think GGG has this,like someone mentioned here,how would Canelo would look against jacobs and brook? and how GGG would of look against Khan and smith?

Comment

You went FULL RTARD saying Jacobs is better than Floyd Mayweather. Jacobs got TKO'd and dropped by Mora who NEVER drops anyone.... If Canelo hits him flush Jacobs goes down.

IMO Lara is better than Jacobs not casual fans always love power.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              You went FULL RTARD saying Jacobs is better than Floyd Mayweather. Jacobs got TKO'd and dropped by Mora who NEVER drops anyone.... If Canelo hits him flush Jacobs goes down.

IMO Lara is better than Jacobs not casual fans always love power.

lara got dropped by angulo, who i'd venture mora would outbox and then body, even now. if lara could campaign at 160 he would. that's where all the money is, and where the bigger 154 lbers are going to head. lara is one of the most overrated boxers of the last 10 years and that's just the truth

as for jacobs, yes, he's a middleweight and weight classes matter. floyd never even campaigned at MW in spite of his biggest money fights against boxers [golovkin and canelo] being at middleweight. he was so scared of middleweight he fought an MMA fighter.

again, you guys don't seem to understand just how much bigger a middleweight is than a welterweight, and that's fine. i had media credentials for years. i covered an angulo fight [yorgey] and shook his hand. watched canelo and floyd fight live [as a fan.]

and finally, did jacobs get tko'd against mora ?
              you wanna check the boxrec before you open your mouth again, kid? i'll wait.

jacobs lost to a guy named dmitriy pirog, who could f#cking fight. his grandmother, who raised him, died that week. and the kid was still quite green. i actually watch fights. now go look at boxrec and report back to me.

any of jacobs wins at MW are better than any of floyd's wins at MW BECAUSE HE NEVER F#CKING FOUGHT THERE

full ****** doe.

Comment

lara got dropped by angulo, who i'd venture mora would outbox and then body, even now. if lara could campaign at 160 he would. that's where all the money is, and where the bigger 154 lbers are going to head. lara is one of the most overrated boxers of the last 10 years and that's just the truth

as for jacobs, yes, he's a middleweight and weight classes matter. floyd never even campaigned at MW in spite of his biggest money fights against boxers [golovkin and canelo] being at middleweight. he was so scared of middleweight he fought an MMA fighter.

again, you guys don't seem to understand just how much bigger a middleweight is than a welterweight, and that's fine. i had media credentials for years. i covered an angulo fight [yorgey] and shook his hand. watched canelo and floyd fight live [as a fan.]

and finally, did jacobs get tko'd against mora ?
                you wanna check the boxrec before you open your mouth again, kid? i'll wait.

jacobs lost to a guy named dmitriy pirog, who could f#cking fight. his grandmother, who raised him, died that week. and the kid was still quite green. i actually watch fights. now go look at boxrec and report back to me.

any of jacobs wins at MW are better than any of floyd's wins at MW BECAUSE HE NEVER F#CKING FOUGHT THERE

full ****** doe.
                Of course I know Pirog TKO'd him. And Mora was able to drop him. Angulo is WAY stronger than Mora. Heck Alcine beat Lemuix and Angulo smoked him in 1 round. If Jacobs was green what the heck you think Pirog was.

I'm sure you had Kovalov beating Ward. And probably GGG TKO in round 1... I watch fights also and I bet on them as well. I bet you Jacobs gets dropped again in his next 3 fights??? I don't even know who he's fighting next

Comment

full ****** doe.
                  I get what you're saying, however a win over Jacobs is not a better win over Mayweather no matter what weight they fought. Most people expected Golovkin to stop Jacobs given the Pirog and Mora fights. Getting a close decision over Jacobs is not something to brag about. With that being said, Golovkin is favored to win this fight so it would be somewhat of an upset if Canelo wins.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                    I get what you're saying, however a win over Jacobs is not a better win over Mayweather no matter what weight they fought. Most people expected Golovkin to stop Jacobs given the Pirog and Mora fights. Getting a close decision over Jacobs is not something to brag about. With that being said, Golovkin is favored to win this fight so it would be somewhat of an upset if Canelo wins.
                    What GREAT win does Jacobs have to say he's better than someone like Trout or Lara??

Quillin? Who Drew with Andy Lee?? And was TKO'd by Chavez Jr. in 7 rounds.

Lara was ROBBED in a TERRIBLE decision against Paul Williams.
                    Lara is fighting Andrade.

Those two are MUCH better wins than Quillin

Trout beating Cotto
                    And held his own in a VERY close fight with Jermall Charlo.
                    Who is now ranked higher than Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                      We'll see here real soon who has better wins?

If Canelo beats GGG when Jacobs couldn't. I wonder if they'll still think Jacobs had better wins??? Probably use the GGG got old excuse. Or judges, or ref.

Comment

Working...
                      X