Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia-Guerrero Set For WBC Title, Winner Faces Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the new era of boxing....what a farce.

Comment

Dsg will be champ in two weight classes after he beats RG. The legacy continues. 154 in a couple years where he will retire undefeated, champ in 3 weight classes. But if Haymon makes One Time vs DSG, that's gonna be the end of DSG's zero. Haymon makes it, he had made Garcia-Matthysse, Broner-Porter, Thurman-Porter, Broner-Maidana. So it's not about avoiding the best fights, he is about getting the most money for his fighters.

Comment

I bet Garcia fights a voluntary next. WBC don't enforce their mandos like IBF. Except IBF force **** mandos.

Comment

another haymon fighter being handed another vacant belt, what's new?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Dsg will be champ in two weight classes after he beats RG. The legacy continues. 154 in a couple years where he will retire undefeated, champ in 3 weight classes. But if Haymon makes One Time vs DSG, that's gonna be the end of DSG's zero. Haymon makes it, he had made Garcia-Matthysse, Broner-Porter, Thurman-Porter, Broner-Maidana. So it's not about avoiding the best fights, he is about getting the most money for his fighters.
            quillin-korobov? he pays guys like garcia and guerrero about a million for fighting bums and not much more for the so called "super fights" that you mentioned. i think that's why they have been so hesitant to fight each other cause eventually the money train will run out for them like its about to run out for guys like guerrero.

Comment

Kell Brook vs Sam Eggington in a summer blockbuster.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                The guy Andy Lee rekt
                He was ****ing up Andy Lee though. He could whip this Charlo. Not an easy fight to pick.

Comment

Originally posted by odogg8121 View Post
                  man im tired of Danny smh i tried liking the kid but dude this fight for a title while guys like Porter have to fight, kell brook, AB, and one time. mean while Danny in there with guys that have no chance... done supporting this dude. Porter asked for those harder fights and Al got them for him. which means Danny can do the same-thing, no?
                  I"m a DSG can and I agree with most of your assesments on him. But like he said, he got a manager like Haymon working for him so he just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I don't call it dodging fighters or cherry picking. I call it good management.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    quillin-korobov? he pays guys like garcia and guerrero about a million for fighting bums and not much more for the so called "super fights" that you mentioned. i think that's why they have been so hesitant to fight each other cause eventually the money train will run out for them like its about to run out for guys like guerrero.
                    Just like any other manager or promoter, Haymon advises his fighters to take the biggest money fights possible, not the most dangerous; but if they are dangerous, then so be it, it brings money for both fighters. You should be familiar with this formula from rooting for other fighters. Willing to take on some names, as long as it's worth it, unwilling to fight the dangerous guys who can win and can't bring the money for the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Just like any other manager or promoter, Haymon advises his fighters to take the biggest money fights possible, not the most dangerous; but if they are dangerous, then so be it, it brings money for both fighters. You should be familiar with this formula from rooting for other fighters. Willing to take on some names, as long as it's worth it, unwilling to fight the dangerous guys who can win and can't bring the money for the risk.
                      the thing about the pbc is that no fighter is really very popular so a figth against gurerrero is about the same as a fight against khan, thurman, or porter economically. this leads to guys taking the easiest path. and if you are referring to the ggg-ward fight why would he sign a 50-50 split for a ward fight when he's fightin canelo on ppv first? that's silly. yo know its silly. its also terrible business. ggg was willing to take short money to fight froch. ggg tried to fight ward before but ward wasn't ready. don't know the money back then but i can imagine ward would have been the a-side. ggg's not going to make a bad deal just to prove some internet poster wrong. with the pbc like i was saying there are no bad deals they just don't want to take risks so that they can keep the good deals going. its a system that gives incentives for taking easier fights. at least in the current system the incentive is to fight the most popular fighters who usualyl but not always(chavez jr) are the best fighters
                      Last edited by daggum; 01-12-2016, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X