Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Boxer Should Have a Film Made About them?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with Spadafora and Valero is that the films would probably be perceived as somehow glorifying the events of Spadafora shooting his girlfriend or Valero killing his wife.

In the Valero case, I could see how it could be pulled off, but it would have to be some kind of dark film, centering a lot on his psychosis and drug use, etc. I'd be all for it though, it could be something legendary.

Comment

John Ruiz!! LOL!!! No, seriously maybe Larry Holmes, Roberto Duran, George Foreman, Julio Cesar Chavez sr. and Tommy Hearns. Mike Tyson would be great but I doubt anyone could play Mike but himself...

Comment

Originally posted by VIPrice View Post
        id like to see a movie about edwin valero. anyone else agree?
        That has potential. But it's difficult to make an appealing movie about someone who may not have had any redeeming qualities (other than boxing). The story would be a lot darker than Raging Bull.

Comment

They made the life story of Barney Ross many years ago maybe around the 1950's. It was called "Monkey On My Back" in reference to the morphine addiction he got because of his wounds when he was on his way home in the hospital ship. It was true to his own description of his addiction.

Comment

Sugar ray Leonard

Drug addiction lost his high school sweet heart the fights with hearns Duran hagler the detached retna the ass whippings by camacho and Norris rise to the top Olympic medal sick parents! Sounds like a pretty good cut and dry commercial film sounds good for boxing to since he's so well known

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
              The problem with Spadafora and Valero is that the films would probably be perceived as somehow glorifying the events of Spadafora shooting his girlfriend or Valero killing his wife.

In the Valero case, I could see how it could be pulled off, but it would have to be some kind of dark film, centering a lot on his psychosis and drug use, etc. I'd be all for it though, it could be something legendary.
              I think Spadafora got back with his girlfriend after shooting her though. So it could be pulled off.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                I think Spadafora got back with his girlfriend after shooting her though. So it could be pulled off.
                Haha, a classic tail of the boundless perseverance of true love.

Comment

Edwin Valero was a ****ing arsehole dude.

Who cares what he said, did, had wrong with him. He's a moron and killing himself probably did people a favour.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Edwin Valero was a ****ing arsehole dude.

Who cares what he said, did, had wrong with him. He's a moron and killing himself probably did people a favour.
                    I was still upset when I read the news.

Comment

Matthew Saad Muhammad.

Comment

Working...
                      X