Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alfredo Angulo -vs- James Kirkland Official Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    This probably won't be a good fight because it will more than likely be over in a few rounds.

Angulo by huge KO.

Kirkland has the worst defense in boxing, is very chinny, and still isnt in top form/shape.

The only way Kirkland wins is if Angulo himself has a weak chin, something I have yet to see in any of his fights.
    I don't think it matters when this fight happened. Had this been Kirkland at his very peak, it would only have bought him 1 to 2 additional rounds. He is way too flawed in his technique. He pretty much just trains to bring out the beast in him.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how much of a beast you are when you have such an open stance when punching and throw your cross too far.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerRightHook View Post
      I definately agree that Kirkland before jail would've made this fight much closer, Angulo has fought a total of 4mins inside the ring in 1yr and 3months, Kirkland has been more active, but Angulo wins IMO, Kirkland could score the upset though if the old Kirkland shows up now that he's back with Wolfe.
      IMO Kirkland's best chance is the fight being stopped as a result of a cut on Angulo and the cut being ruled as resulting from a punch.

Comment

Rooting for Kirkland, but expecting a KO/TKO-win for Angulo...

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
          I don't think it matters when this fight happened. Had this been Kirkland at his very peak, it would only have bought him 1 to 2 additional rounds. He is way too flawed in his technique. He pretty much just trains to bring out the beast in him.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how much of a beast you are when you have such an open stance when punching and throw your cross too far.
          I agree.

Kirkland needed more fights, for reflexes purpose and to get his legs back, but I doubt that would matter.

I mean look at his come back fights were he shows zero head movement and is there to be hit with headshots (used that because he is that open for every punch in the book upstairs) all day.

If I'm Angulo I'm licking my chops because Kirkland will be walking into my money punches allday. Not sure if your a baseball fan, but this is equivalent to a pitcher trying to down a fastball right down the plate against someone like Albert Pujos. You can't ask for anything better...lol

Lastly, one thing no one has brought is Kirkland not having his legs back. In all of hiscomeback fights he has looked like Bambi on ice.....that's how ****ty his balance is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
            I agree.

Kirkland needed more fights, for reflexes purpose and to get his legs back, but I doubt that would matter.

I mean look at his come back fights were he shows zero head movement and is there to be hit with headshots (used that because he is that open for every punch in the book upstairs) all day.

If I'm Angulo I'm licking my chops because Kirkland will be walking into my money punches allday. Not sure if your a baseball fan, but this is equivalent to a pitcher trying to down a fastball right down the plate against someone like Albert Pujos. You can't ask for anything better...lol

Lastly, one thing no one has brought is Kirkland not having his legs back. In all of hiscomeback fights he has looked like Bambi on ice.....that's how ****ty his balance is right now.
            Yup, and I don't think Pujols will even need 2 or 3 pitches to connect. The over under on this will probably be at 4.5 rounds. Kirkland already had some of the worst footwork in boxing, not having his legs at 100% only makes this situation even more dire. Tons of credit to Kirland for manning up and taking the fight, and in Mexico no less. I don't understand how his team could be behind this fight at all.

To be fair though, a lot of people felt Ortiz taking Berto after his Peterson draw was career suicide.. And he turned that into a Million dollar + payday.

Comment

Angulo KO. Then Wolfe bites Kirkland's genitals off while he's on the canvass.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                Angulo KO. Then Wolfe bites Kirkland's genitals off while he's on the canvass.
                I'm confident this prop will open up at best around -500. I'll probably change the channel though when it happens.

The poster who voted Kirkland to win by decision should describe how they see this fight unfolding..

Comment

Angulo will shatter that glass Kirkland calls his chin, Angulo would always have trouble with quick feet, hands, and good defense and those do not describe anything Kirkland does. This will end early and in brutal fashion.

Comment

80 seconds vs. 80 seconds.

Angulo KO1.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post

The poster who voted Kirkland to win by decision should describe how they see this fight unfolding..
                      Well, Kirkland punches him in the face and Angulo goes down what do you want me to say? It's going to be an all out brawl with someone getting KO'd. Now, like I said I'm not too confident in that and I voted with my heart rather than logic (I like Kirkland as a fighter).

::edit::
                      nevermind, I see you said to the poster who voted decision. Yeah, I don't see that happening.

Comment

Working...
                      X