No announcement yet.

**Why is Marg on everyones Top Pound 4 Pound now!?!?**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Why is Marg on everyones Top Pound 4 Pound now!?!?**

I'm just asking, because I've never seen him on there before this past Saturday. Nothing against Antonio, but did this 1 fight really up him that much? I still see him as 1 dimensional with 5 losses. Cotto could of easily won if he'd stuck to his gameplan, stick and move but exhaustion caught in. (and yes thats an excuse) But lets keep this on the Top P4P subject and not my comments on Margarito

Cotto was #3 on most peoples p4p lists and margarito knocked him out.

Margarito defintely deserves to be in the Top P4P rankings.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WLAD OWNS View Post
        Cotto was #3 on most peoples p4p lists and margarito knocked him out.

Margarito defintely deserves to be in the Top P4P rankings.
        so that puts him in Cotto's spot really? I thought that would just move number 4 up, and so on.

Comment

Cotto was pitched too highly p4p hence dropping 4 places for one close loss. Margarito probs deserved to be slightly higher than he was before, so the difference seems huge. IMO the sudden fluctuation is partially understandable, but both guys were pinned wrong p4p. Pavliks another, 1 lose and suddenly the very high p4p status for such a youngish guy is suddenly not so defensible.

Comment

Originally posted by LatinoGloves View Post
            I'm just asking, because I've never seen him on there before this past Saturday. Nothing against Antonio, but did this 1 fight really up him that much? I still see him as 1 dimensional with 5 losses. Cotto could of easily won if he'd stuck to his gameplan, stick and move but exhaustion caught in. (and yes thats an excuse) But lets keep this on the Top P4P subject and not my comments on Margarito
            Cotto is top 3 p4p.

If you want to be a top elite.

Beat a top elite.

Comment

so that puts him in Cotto's spot really? I thought that would just move number 4 up, and so on.
              I don't have him that high

I'd say Margarito should be at 6 or 7 in the rankings right now.
              Last edited by WLAD OWNS; 07-30-2008, 05:53 PM.

Comment

That's because you just don't get it. Pound for pound is about who you beat and when you beat them

Who cares if he has five losses? Jose Louis Castillo had four when he fought Floyd the first time.

And can we stop with the if, if, if re: the Cotto fight? Geezus christ. He ****ing lost. Matter of fact...he got BEAT THE **** UP. Matter of fact, his corner waved the white flag! Matter of fact, I haven't seen a face that ****ed up since Hopkisn rearranged Joppy's face.

PEACE.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                  Cotto was pitched too highly p4p hence dropping 4 places for one close loss. Margarito probs deserved to be slightly higher than he was before, so the difference seems huge. IMO the sudden fluctuation is partially understandable, but both guys were pinned wrong p4p. Pavliks another, 1 lose and suddenly the very high p4p status for such a youngish guy is suddenly not so defensible.
                  couldnt have put it better myself...but i do believe cotto deserves(or past tense deserved) his place in the top 10 p4p. but i dont think margarito should of replaced him. He's not on that level of a fighter, especially with 5 losses, he should be closer to the bottom

Comment

wake-up buddy he beat cotto on jul 26th

Comment

Working...
                    X