No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Leonard: 8oz Gloves is a factor, but would benefit both guys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Problem is, you left out of your equation the fact that knowing how to properly throw a punch, and from any angle, and knowing when to throw the right punch, MATTERS! And Conner Mc****phag doesn't have the experience or training to match that acumen.
    Like I said, I'm only giving Conor a punchers chance.

What you also don't realize, Conor has timing, and an effective counter puncher at his own right. If he lands that money shot across that temple of Floyd. It can be crazy. If he gets one in, it could be lights out for Floyd. Remember Conor is a huge man in the ring. @ 170, Conor's punches will be heavy. It only needs one, to change the tide of a fight. Will see.

Still, I'm only giving Conor a punchers chance, Floyd should win this easy. Within 6, anything less is a win for MMA.
    Last edited by Spoon23; 08-25-2017, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
      Like I said, I'm only giving Conor a punchers chance.

What you also don't realize, Conor has timing, and an effective counter puncher at his own right. If he lands that money shot across that temple of Floyd. It can be crazy. If he gets one in, it could be lights out for Floyd. Remember Coor is a huge man in the ring. @ 170, Conor's punches will be heavy. It only needs one, to change the tide of a fight. Will see.

Still, I'm only giving Conor a punchers chance, Floyd should win this easy. Within 6, anything less is a win for MMA.
      You just gave Connor a punchers chance.

I'm done Spoon23, i'm done. I've supported you before, but not on this one my dude. Zero chance.

Comment

F =ma

More speed equals more force.

More force = more power

Floyd has decent power. Respectable power to keep opponents honest. Don't underestimate Floyd's power. He has decent power that makes opponents think twice before going in. That's all I'm saying.

Lighter gloves = more speed = more power in your punches, especially to someone known for speed.

Speed is relative to mass and acceleration.

Thus, if Conor has speed (which he doesn't) knowing he has more mass. He may have more power to multiply if he had the speed to match Floyd.

But, I don't know.. Will see who's got more power soon enough.

Conor has raw power. Floyd has power generated through speed.

Floyd is in a lot of advantages going into the fight, but like I said, I can also see Conor landing that money punch with those 8oz gloves. Anything can happen. It's almost fight time.
        You said Connor doesnt have speed which already tells me you dont know what your talking about .

Mayweather doesnt have MASS so his speed is irrelevant in terms with one punch power and his ENTIRE career shows that bc you CANNOT make a power puncher with any sized glove .

If McGregor gets k.o'd it will be to stamina not bc Mayweather hits hard .

McGregor will look like hes in a different weight class ...MASS x Speed is exactly right ,no one can seriously think Floyd is going to hit harder here ,even IF McGregor doesnt get that flush shot .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          You said Connor doesnt have speed which already tells me you dont know what your talking about .

Mayweather doesnt have MASS so his speed is irrelevant in terms with one punch power and his ENTIRE career shows that bc you CANNOT make a power puncher with any sized glove .

McGregor will look like hes in a different weight class ...MASS x Speed is exactly right ,no one can seriously think Floyd is going to hit harder here ,even IF McGregor doesnt get that flush shot .
          You're forgetting the factors of technique, accuracy, and timing.

It's the shot you don't see coming that hurts you

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            You just gave Connor a punchers chance.

I'm done Spoon23, i'm done. I've supported you before, but not on this one my dude. Zero chance.
            Come on. Everyone knows anyone who hits hard enough has a punchers chance. Nothing wrong by telling it as it is. @ 8oz he has at least that lucky punch that has happened in the history of boxing from time to time. It can happen. Conor can get lucky punch and land that shocker.

Even SRL is giving Conor a punchers chance. That's not even remotely a compliment to Conor's chances. That's like seeing a shooting star passing through. It comes one in a million. It's a rarity. That's Conor's chances.
            Last edited by Spoon23; 08-25-2017, 12:24 AM.

Comment

the most useless person one can interview about fights is sugar ray leonard

Comment

Conor has MMA speed striking. But Floyd's speed in punching is a lot lot faster. Believe me. It's different speed.

Conor's punches compared to Floyd is like in a different league. Conor's is soft ball pitch speed. Floyd is major league pitching speed. Big diff son.

Comment

Conor has MMA speed striking. But Floyd's speed in punching is a lot lot faster. Believe me. It's different speed.

Conor's punches compared to Floyd is like in a different league. Conor's is soft ball pitch speed. Floyd is major league pitching speed. Big diff son.
                  Again the guy whos physical attributes and sport of 4oz gloves will benefit him more so argue with reality , SRL like myself couldve told you 8oz gloves are closer to bare fist ...this does not favor Mayweather in the fight because the speed itself doesnt over shadow the chance of McGregor landing a power punch bceven though you claim McGregor to be slow thats not reality either.

Comment

Originally posted by jay543 View Post
                    You're forgetting the factors of technique, accuracy, and timing.

It's the shot you don't see coming that hurts you
                    I didnt forget anything as i was talking about power punching here anyway and covered everything else that was brought up.

Comment

Again the guy whos physical attributes and sport of 4oz gloves will benefit him more so argue with reality , SRL like myself couldve told you 8oz gloves are closer to bare fist ...this does not favor Mayweather in the fight because the speed itself doesnt over shadow the chance of McGregor landing a power punch bceven though you claim McGregor to be slow thats not reality either.
                      Well, I've said what I have to. It's the punch that hits the mark makes the case who got game. Floyd does it in spades. Conor, in my point of view, has a decent striking game and is a good counter puncher, with great great timing. That's what he needs in this fight. IF his timing is right, he only needs one money shot and Floyd can go down. Like I said, I didn't disagree with you that Conor has pop. He has, landing it is the question.

I give Conor great timing skills. But again, it's still a punchers chance at this point.

My theory is:

in terms of power

McGregor has a bit more

But Floyd's power is like close to it as well with 8oz.

Comment

Working...
                      X