Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Hayes next fight to stream live on youtube! Giving back to fans he says

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Hayes next fight to stream live on youtube! Giving back to fans he says

Former unified cruiserweight king and former reigning WBA heavyweight champ David Haye will return to action on January 16th at The O2 in London and, as his fans know, the return to the ring will be against Australian slugger Mark De Mori. But what fans, in the UK especially, have been asking is: which TV station will show the heavyweight bout.

Interestingly, according to an exclusive in British tabloid The Sun, there is a very good chance the fight will be shown on Haye’s official YouTube channel. According to the short piece, Haye is keen to “give back” to his “loyal fans” and will have his comeback fight streamed live on his Hayemaker channel on YouTube as a thank you; this despite reported interest in the fight from Channel 4 and ITV (both terrestrial channels in the UK of course).

Maybe Charlie Zelenoff could get on the undercard...smh.

Comment

That's actually pretty cool

Comment

I don't wanna be a **** about it, but does that suggest no one's interested in it?

"I want to give back to my fans, so I'll show it for nothing in the local cinema. It only has ten seats, but that'll be enough."

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          I don't wanna be a **** about it, but does that suggest no one's interested in it?

"I want to give back to my fans, so I'll show it for nothing in the local cinema. It only has ten seats, but that'll be enough."
          No, didn't you read the article? It says there was interest from broadcaster ITV and Channel 4? You're probably not from the UK but those are big platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by adotd View Post
            No, didn't you read the article? It says there was interest from broadcaster ITV and Channel 4? You're probably not from the UK but those are big platforms.
            I was goofing around, I AM from the UK, but do we really know that ITV/C4 were bothered?

Comment

Originally posted by adotd View Post
              And whose word do we have on that? Don't fool yourself. If he was really approached by either broadcaster he'd've have leapt on it. This is David Haye we're talking about, the guy who screwed over the entire British public for years on end and didn't give a flying toss about it. And now you think he's airing his shithouse of a fight online because he wants to "give back to the fans"? Don't be naive.
              Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 01-02-2016, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Does David Haye still have "loyal fans"?

Comment

Finally somebody in boxing take advantage of youtube streaming service, this is something that should be done more often to be honest

I will tune in for sure even though it is not a great match up

Comment

Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
                    And whose word do we have on that? Don't fool yourself. If he was really approached by either broadcaster he'd've have leapt on it. This is David Haye we're talking about, the guy who screwed over the entire British public for years on end and didn't give a flying toss about it. And now you think he's airing his shithouse of a fight online because he wants to "give back to the fans"? Don't be naive.
                    My point exactly. I still wouldn't be surprised if we had to pay for this fight via YouTube... otherwise how will he make a profit on it? Is he funding it from his own purse? I doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                    X