Collapse
No announcement yet.

reporter tells jacobs he's riding the cancer wave, Jacobs gets upset

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny. The majority of slobs on this site wouldn't be able to complete a marathon if they were told to do so within the next year; they would lack the dedication to stick to a training plan and endure, yet you have those same slobs making light of an athlete who resumed his career after suffering a disease that ravaged his body.

Most people don't know what it is to be in good shape let alone the type of shape needed to perform in a sport as physically demanding as boxing. There's a reason why fighters start of with 4 round bouts and why fighters don't typically jump through the weight divisions: it takes years to build up the strength and conditioning.

Jacobs would have spent years getting himself into shape only to have it all setback. Most people don't have the resilience to deal with that type of setback, all people would need recover.

Now that he has a belt, I expect him to fight worthy contenders. However I don't take offence, nor will I question, his previous choice of opponents.

Comment

Bump
      10 characters

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
        Yea but overcoming cancer is a huge accomplishment
        It is but it has nothing to do with what the person did. Some beat it, some don't, all want to!

Comment

Working...
        X