No announcement yet.

Kell Brook was never really that good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kell Brook was never really that good

1 credible win in 38 fights, even that fight that he did win against Shawn Porter was a very close and scrappy victory that could have gone either way.
    In my honest opinion, I think he's the worst welterweight champion of this decade, his careful management always meant he was fighting bums.
    The times he fought GGG and ESJ he got ****ed over.

/thoughts

thraxox how many alts do you have?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      thraxox how many alts do you have?!
      what do you mean?

Comment

As i have been saying all along.....

He was an ok fighter

World level, not elite.

Comment

Loads of what champions than him at that weight over the last decade.

Kell's good and game up short now at what is the elite level.

Comment

I love being a fan because you can see something and speak on it prior to a fight, it only gets respected when people's hearts get hurt. Brooks flaws were plain to see even in his victories ESP in his defeat. Respect to him though but he is who we thought he was.

Comment

I think he's a solid B to B+ fighter. Which is nothing to sneeze at. But he's not an A guy.

Spence, clearly, is an A guy. And you could see the difference. Brook had several really nice moments in the fight -- yet still in spite of that Spence was really in control from start to finish.

At no point in the fight did it feel like Brook had taken control to the point where the pendulum had started to lean his way. It was leaning in Spence's direction from the opening bell.

Comment

I was a massive fan of him like 3/4 years ago, for years I blamed Frank Warren for holding him back, then when he finally got with Hearn I saw that it wouldn't the promoters that promotes him, it was Brook himself, and one of the biggest problem I had was he claimed to be the man without actually proving it. 13 years at that weight and he didn't fight anyone of note. He fought Porter and then went back to fighting bums, he had the skills IMO but he wasted his talent.

Thurman in the last few years alone improved his competition as he goes along, Brook went backwards every single time, and when he finally face adversity he quit then tried to call himself a warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  I think he's a solid B to B+ fighter. Which is nothing to sneeze at. But he's not an A guy.

Spence, clearly, is an A guy. And you could see the difference. Brook had several really nice moments in the fight -- yet still in spite of that Spence was really in control from start to finish.

At no point in the fight did it feel like Brook had taken control to the point where the pendulum had started to lean his way. It was leaning in Spence's direction from the opening bell.
                  I had Brook winning most of the early-mid rounds .

Comment

Brook is completely overrated. His only win of note was a MD against Porter in a fight that could of gone either way. He's quit in his other two big fights. I don't understand how anyone can even put Brook in the same league as Khan to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                    X