Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington Digs Deep For Majority Decision Over Kiko Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warrington has shown his level tonight, a very low ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
      Warrington has shown his level tonight, a very low ceiling.
      Sooner he fights a true world class fighter like maybe a Rigo or Russell Jr the better (Because he will be sleeping), Kiko is a good fighter who should have got the nod tonight but politics in this corrupt sport prevailed.

Comment

Folks, gone are the days when body shots were actually considered as scored punches. They no longer count and most likely havent counted in a long time. Ridiculous. I stopped counting how many fights where judges did not think body shots should count as scoring blows in a fight...go figure.

Comment

First impressions

First fight I'd seen of Josh Warringtons. His record seemed to indicate it would go to points so put a bet on and had a side bet on Kiko to win by ko rounds 1 and 2 as I remember the Bernard Dunne fight where he ko'd him round one

Tbh slightly disappointed- glad I won bet but it was never in danger as my gut feeling after a minute was it would go points- going on the back foot is fine and his defence seemed solid but this continued all the way through the fight! I can't recall him taking the fight to Kiko once, just a few bursts every now and then doing little damage.

Like I say not seen him fight before but I thought he would want to make more of a statement and I don't think Kiko was quite the same as against Frampton and Quigg
          Last edited by JonnyP; 05-13-2017, 07:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Folks, gone are the days when body shots were actually considered as scored punches. They no longer count and most likely havent counted in a long time. Ridiculous. I stopped counting how many fights where judges did not think body shots should count as scoring blows in a fight...go figure.
            I have been saying that all along. Don't know why some clean graphic body punches just don't count in a decision

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Tell that to lara who didnt take a clean powerpunch to the head all night against canelo looool

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyP View Post
                had a side bet on Kiko to win by ko rounds 1 and 2
                Damn how much woulda that bet pay?

I threw money at Kiko just to win at +1500 & threw him in a bunch of parlays that woulda paid very handsomely if he'd have gotten the nod since damn near everyone else I had won last night. I'd assume Kiko by KO in a specific round woulda been super sexy odds.

Comment

Every round of his was 100-1, I only put a couple of quid on Round 1 and 2. He should have won but on his Warren debut in Leeds the odds were too great that would have been a total shocker if he had won, Warren would have been livid!

Comment

Working...
                  X