Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The foolishness of this forum...(mainly the posters)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
    hypocrisy at it's finest...

regarding the Martinez fight...I've read a few threads and comments on the bout and I have to be honest folks...some of you need major improvement on your thoughts...

how can there be so many excuses for Martinez but lame hate for Mayweather?

He fought castillio with a torn rotator cuff and 2 broken ribs...yet when Martinez injures his knee or leg in his previous fight, he gets sympathy from some of you on this forum...how many times has Floyd injured his hands? many. murray weighing 20 lbs more than sergio becomes an excuse---de la hoya, baldomir, and Ortiz weighing about 13 to 15 lbs more than Floyd gets overlooked due to the hate for him by many of you on here...
    c'mon man, you couldn't summarize? Cut it down some. I'm sure there's a lot of unimportant detail in there.

I don't think anyone disputes it's difficult fighting with a torn rotator cuff (I'll safely assume that presuming it was true, and I'll get to the ribs later). I think the only thing people have ever said is he lost a competitive fight on points. Being the champ that he is, he came back and defeated Castillo. Whether you had him winning or not, losing to Castillo is nothing to be embarassed about. Castillo was a really good fighter.

I've had a rib injury, I can't say to what extent, but I've assumed it wasn't broken and that **** was ****ing serious. I couldn't breathe right for a ****ing month. It was damn near impossible to exercise, or do much of anything. I don't believe you could break two ribs and go into a professional fight. I've never even heard him say he had broken ribs, but if he did, that's gotta be a lie.

Lastly, wtf do you care? Why compare everything to Floyd? Why can't he be critiqued on his own?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      I dunno, he has his real coach back again. We might see some defensive improvements from Floyd.
      Yeah, you gonna see Floyd lingering on the ropes shoulder rolling shots and taking damage instead of trading. He isn't going to have an easy time because Guerrero has a strong will and is mentally strong. Floyd can't win the mental game like he normally does and that alone will get to Floyd before the fight even begins. Sports is 90% mental to begin with, and preventing Floyd from gaining that subtle edge is an advantage in itself.

Ortiz - passive personality, Mosley - passive personality, Cotto - passive

Guerrero doesn't fit the respectful mold..this alone bothers Floyd.
      Last edited by mathed; 04-28-2013, 11:21 PM.

Comment

regarding the Martinez fight...I've read a few threads and comments on the bout and I have to be honest folks...some of you need major improvement on your thoughts...

He fought castillio with a torn rotator cuff and 2 broken ribs...yet when Martinez injures his knee or leg in his previous fight, he gets sympathy from some of you on this forum...how many times has Floyd injured his hands? many. murray weighing 20 lbs more than sergio becomes an excuse---de la hoya, baldomir, and Ortiz weighing about 13 to 15 lbs more than Floyd gets overlooked due to the hate for him by many of you on here...

excuse for Sergio-------------criticism for Floyd. oh the irony....

yet, you fools on here want Floyd to fight a bigger man in Sergio despite the weight difference, and if they do fight and Floyd loses or wins a controversial decision, how many of you would look at the weight and not bash floyd's so called "cherry picking" career due to the fact that didn't go out there and put on a dominating performance? and don't bother trying to lie because it doesn't work with me....

Sergio can fight injured, break his hand, do a cartwheel, and win a decision many of you on here seem to think, but Floyd cannot...man oh man...

I know boxing very well....Sergio could never beat Floyd.

I don't care how many of you disagree...Sergio has sloppy intuition on defense and always had--Floyd is the only "truly" complete fighter in professional boxing...

he would chop Martinez up and make it look easy and that says something about Floyd's overall skillset.

it amazes me how you tools on here can bas Floyd for everything he does but give other fighters passes...

like I said before, many years ago, no fighter from 154 on down will beat this kid..

you guys overrate Sergio at times...don't get me wrong---he's a talented fighter, but he can't beat Floyd under any and every circumstance...let's not 4get Floyd moving up 5 weight classes in just over 10 years....

it doesn't matter what you all come back with...if Sergio fights Floyd, Sergio is getting his ass stomped...Sergio himself said it would be the toughest fight of his whole career, and that includes his future fights if you ask me---

he would guarantee victory i'm pretty certain of. he's a fighter with skill...he's supposed to...but Floyd is Floyd and he is the truth in that squared circle....

the most skilled fighter in all of boxing, bar none...after he dusts up the ghost, bring on canelo who will be punished severely---Floyd holds back in his fights but canelo has seemed to have gotten under his skin...he will be taken out by Floyd...but you people who still don't believe in Floyd, kudos to you all...you can't get in there and fight for the fighter...so I don't go off of anybody's opinion...Floyd sparred with pernell whitaker and randall when he was 15 and 16 and more than held his own against them both...he put it together as young age----I watched him in person when I was 10 years of age back when he was robbed in the Olympics...he's small when it comes to ww and jr middleweight compared to these other fighters...but due to his legendary skillset, physically and especially mentally, he breaks them down constantly during his fights...and adjusts to whatever they do, whoever they are, and whenever they decide to do so...it...

bottom line, through all of that rhetoric I just posted, stay tuned...the next 30 months will be the most important time in floyd's career in terms of his legacy...Martinez, canelo, /Bradley/jmm/pacman/, maybe Garcia/alexander(I don't reakky party...)...he dusts them all 0ff...it wouldn't surprise me if he moved up to middleweight to chellenge Sergio...I mean he has sparred with big fighters before...he spars with middleweights regulary. skill wins fights, not size...

DLT and myself have been apart of this forum for so many years now and I remember about 5 years back when he made a thread about Floyd being a small ww, which he was, but him not being able to beat these bigger size fighters, and justifying him not fighting Margarito and huge ww's due his physical size, that's it. skillwise, they can't hold a candle to him and they know it...he is that good...it's mind-boggling how savvy Floyd is all around.

long story short....we're about to see Floyd mayweather run through these jokers and he better get the proper credit, due to the sheer fact that Sergio gets a pass for his performance....and you all want Floyd to fight Martinez. so do I, so he can put to rest the myth of Sergio beating him...Floyd whoops Martinez ass--

you all are still trying to find a guy to beat him--molding the perfect fighter to beat Floyd...it's not happening...get over it--they cannot out think that ****er...

he's methodical and being that makes him the most dangerous fighter in all of boxing...coz his mind is so sharp...he sees damn near everything and with him being born into the sport basically +++++++he was destined to be a fighter...and boy did he revolutionize the sport of boxing...

yet, he gets bashed for fighting bums according to you people.
        History proves, if they stay in the game long enough every boxer falls to another fighter. Floyd has had a nice run. He's been smart in picking his opponents and he's real sharp in the ring, but don't deify him. I don't think Guerrero will be the one to do it but maybe Sergio (probably not, the guy is falling apart) or Canelo. I'm a big Floyd fan, so me saying Floyd will eventually lose is not a reflection of dislike, its just reality. Let boxing history be your guide. Some young lion will get him eventually as time slows him down.

I thought Serg lost that fight to Murray so, I guess the whole "hypocrisy" charge wasn't leveled at me, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Yeah, you gonna see Floyd lingering on the ropes shoulder rolling shots and taking damage instead of trading. He isn't going to have an easy time because Guerrero has a strong will and is mentally strong. Floyd can't win the mental game like he normally does and that alone will get to Floyd before the fight even begins. Sports is 90% mental to begin with, and preventing Floyd from gaining that subtle edge is an advantage in itself.

Ortiz - passive personality, Mosley - passive personality, Cotto - passive

Guerrero doesn't fit the respectful mold..this alone bothers Floyd.
          Jeeesus you talk some dribble , Floyds going to stop Robert give him some credit when he does .

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            So why didn't he fight him?
            Apparently Floyd is so great that he needs not fight his opponents anymore as he is the holy saviour of this sport and there is no point in even demanding a mere mortal step into the ring with the holy dalai lama. Apparently the only one that may have a slight chance of defeating the great one we call Money Mayweather and might be able to get past that shoulder roll might be Zeus' himself. I only pray that Money doesn't go all gangster on his @ss and Zeus' punishes us for his failure in the ring.

Comment

excuse for Sergio-------------criticism for Floyd. oh the irony....

yet, you fools on here want Floyd to fight a bigger man in Sergio despite the weight difference, and if they do fight and Floyd loses or wins a controversial decision, how many of you would look at the weight and not bash floyd's so called "cherry picking" career due to the fact that didn't go out there and put on a dominating performance? and don't bother trying to lie because it doesn't work with me....

Sergio can fight injured, break his hand, do a cartwheel, and win a decision many of you on here seem to think, but Floyd cannot...man oh man...

I know boxing very well....Sergio could never beat Floyd.

I don't care how many of you disagree...Sergio has sloppy intuition on defense and always had--Floyd is the only "truly" complete fighter in professional boxing...

he would chop Martinez up and make it look easy and that says something about Floyd's overall skillset.

it amazes me how you tools on here can bas Floyd for everything he does but give other fighters passes...

like I said before, many years ago, no fighter from 154 on down will beat this kid..

you guys overrate Sergio at times...don't get me wrong---he's a talented fighter, but he can't beat Floyd under any and every circumstance...let's not 4get Floyd moving up 5 weight classes in just over 10 years....

it doesn't matter what you all come back with...if Sergio fights Floyd, Sergio is getting his ass stomped...Sergio himself said it would be the toughest fight of his whole career, and that includes his future fights if you ask me---

he would guarantee victory i'm pretty certain of. he's a fighter with skill...he's supposed to...but Floyd is Floyd and he is the truth in that squared circle....

the most skilled fighter in all of boxing, bar none...after he dusts up the ghost, bring on canelo who will be punished severely---Floyd holds back in his fights but canelo has seemed to have gotten under his skin...he will be taken out by Floyd...but you people who still don't believe in Floyd, kudos to you all...you can't get in there and fight for the fighter...so I don't go off of anybody's opinion...Floyd sparred with pernell whitaker and randall when he was 15 and 16 and more than held his own against them both...he put it together as young age----I watched him in person when I was 10 years of age back when he was robbed in the Olympics...he's small when it comes to ww and jr middleweight compared to these other fighters...but due to his legendary skillset, physically and especially mentally, he breaks them down constantly during his fights...and adjusts to whatever they do, whoever they are, and whenever they decide to do so...it...

bottom line, through all of that rhetoric I just posted, stay tuned...the next 30 months will be the most important time in floyd's career in terms of his legacy...Martinez, canelo, /Bradley/jmm/pacman/, maybe Garcia/alexander(I don't reakky party...)...he dusts them all 0ff...it wouldn't surprise me if he moved up to middleweight to chellenge Sergio...I mean he has sparred with big fighters before...he spars with middleweights regulary. skill wins fights, not size...

DLT and myself have been apart of this forum for so many years now and I remember about 5 years back when he made a thread about Floyd being a small ww, which he was, but him not being able to beat these bigger size fighters, and justifying him not fighting Margarito and huge ww's due his physical size, that's it. skillwise, they can't hold a candle to him and they know it...he is that good...it's mind-boggling how savvy Floyd is all around.

long story short....we're about to see Floyd mayweather run through these jokers and he better get the proper credit, due to the sheer fact that Sergio gets a pass for his performance....and you all want Floyd to fight Martinez. so do I, so he can put to rest the myth of Sergio beating him...Floyd whoops Martinez ass--

you all are still trying to find a guy to beat him--molding the perfect fighter to beat Floyd...it's not happening...get over it--they cannot out think that ****er...

he's methodical and being that makes him the most dangerous fighter in all of boxing...coz his mind is so sharp...he sees damn near everything and with him being born into the sport basically +++++++he was destined to be a fighter...and boy did he revolutionize the sport of boxing...

yet, he gets bashed for fighting bums according to you people.

For some reason today I was thinking about what if PWill fought Floyd. I think this is a forgotten fantasy match if you've only been a fan for a year or two. I personally think P-Will is the one of the few fighters who possessed the tools to beat Floyd. I say "tools" because while I think he had advantages, he wouldn't have been able to execute a perfect game plan to beat Floyd. Williams didn't fight in the best, most economical way. I think this could have been a great victory for Floyd. I also believe that Floyd could have beaten Margarito, a man who I always claimed, and will claim he ducked. As a fan of the sport and Floyd, it's irritating that Floyd didn't fight these guys. When he finally had the spotlight he deserved, he didn't take the fights that would enhance his legacy. THAT IS WHY FLOYD GET HATE. He will be ranked very high in years to come, but his legacy is a bunch of what-ifs. I doubt anyone is still reading so I'll just say **** the lobsters, for no reason at all.

Comment

Floyd says he is the best but has never proven it when it really matters. He's had many chances to prove he is the best, skills mean nothing when you ain't fighting a real challenge i hope am right about Gurerro and he pulls the upset. I've seen many fighters who looked great and flopped because they didn't take the right fights.

Floyd has to be one of the best managed fighters of all time! Hardcore boxing fans know what i mean.

Comment

too long, did not read

Comment

Originally posted by StruggleSnuggle View Post
                    Apparently Floyd is so great that he needs not fight his opponents anymore as he is the holy saviour of this sport and there is no point in even demanding a mere mortal step into the ring with the holy dalai lama. Apparently the only one that may have a slight chance of defeating the great one we call Money Mayweather and might be able to get past that shoulder roll might be Zeus' himself. I only pray that Money doesn't go all gangster on his @ss and Zeus' punishes us for his failure in the ring.
                    Well find a WW that can beat him , you can only seem to find 1 and 2 divisions above him , apply the same to every other elite fighter , is Sergio ducking Ward , is Canelo ducking Sergio Golovkin and Ward , are they all ducking Hopkins ?

Dont talk weight like its nothing kid , find a 147 to touch Floyd or start bowing !

Comment

Floyd is a joke, as a boxer and as a man.

Every person who is a decent human being and a fan of boxing agrees with that statement.

Comment

Working...
                      X