Guerrero vs Berto a tainted win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
    Closing argument:

Its crazy to think that the outcome was not affected by what happened in the first 2 rounds.

Listen, whats wrong is wrong. The officiating was bad. I didnt even mention Guerrero's head charging,the thumbing(though Im not sure if it was done on purpose) or the holding from both.

But to not see the obvious illegal shots that caused those knock downs or to try and justify them makes me feel like some love to debate for the sake of debating or they are simply blinded by the love or hate for a boxer. There is no justification.

signed- Unbiased observer.
    Man first off you cannot thumb a fighter in boxing anymore, the gloves thumb is set with what are called thumb locks, it doesn't allow you to move your thumbs, and the padding is large enough as to not injure the eye.

Secondly Berto fought as well as he ever did, it's just that he is a C class fighter and was beaten by a better opponent, 10/10 times Guerrero will beat him..

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
      Berto tried to somehow find a way to get a hold of ROberts right arm, but Robert wasn't letting him and ended up getting hit with two lefts, lol

and we all know how much andre like to do that too, he even did it when the first left connected.so why are u you surprised?

Thats not RObert's fault either, he tried grabbed on to Guerrero, so Guerrero Grabbed him and punched the *****out of Berto.
      but its still illegal though that's grounds for a DQ

Comment

Both fighters fought dirty. Guerrero was plain better and kicked Berto's ass.

Comment

It's hard for a ref to call that when they're both fighting for position, especially when both fighters have one hand locked on each other, as they both have free hands to hit.
          Thats one of the reasons why i belive the ref had a reason to let them go ahead and not seperate them for holdng and hitting, but thats just me .

Comment

LOL at Berto not fighting his fight. You know what Andre Berto does? Stand still, throw a couple big power punches, and hope the other guy can't take them. That's what he did in this fight, exactly like always.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
              WTF Are people crazy Phenom?...lol

I can see the argument of the illegal shots not changing the outcome but to say they were not illegal is a whole different thing!
              people hate berto which I get why being hyped by HBO and getting monster paydays fighting no names but still you got to call it like it is I liked the fight both guys showed heart and Guerrero won but it needs a rematch before a Mayweather fight

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                bottom line.

Berto got bested at everything he tried. Some fouls that both engaged in but cause one benefited from it and the other didn't when they both engaged in such behavior should not rise issues.
                (Thus debate may be too deep for you if you cant see the initial 6 minutes of the fight dictating the rest especially when a KO or 2 is the outcome)
                first KD was legit because both were holding and one chose to work his free hand while the other chose not to.
                (Your using the well known free hand argument to justify an illegal shot as if hardcore fan dont know the difference)
                second KD legit because One chose to try and tie up while the other turned him and worked his free hand.
                (see above: though it was not as obvious)
                Through out the fight was solid ebb and flow with the occasion rough house tactics, that both partaken in.
                (Yes they both did but who was warned? and if your warned will you not change your technique...WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT!..lol)
                Win was a solid victory and was earned, nothing the ref did helped guerrero, nothing berto did helped himself.
                (Your hardcore and real but dont understand how a warning or deductions may change the approach of a fighter?)
                signed - the realest motherfucker on this forum.
                bottom line. Two times so you can get it.

Berto got bested at everything he tried. Some fouls that both engaged in but cause one benefited from it and the other didn't when they both engaged in such behavior should not rise issues.
                (Thus debate may be too deep for you if you cant see the initial 6 minutes of the fight dictating the rest especially when a KO or 2 is the outcome)
                first KD was legit because both were holding and one chose to work his free hand while the other chose not to.
                (Your using the well known free hand argument to justify an illegal shot as if hardcore fan dont know the difference)
                second KD legit because One chose to try and tie up while the other turned him and worked his free hand.
                (see above: though it was not as obvious)
                Through out the fight was solid ebb and flow with the occasion rough house tactics, that both partaken in.
                (Yes they both did but who was warned? and if your warned will you not change your technique...WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT!..lol)
                Win was a solid victory and was earned, nothing the ref did helped guerrero, nothing berto did helped himself.
                (Your hardcore and real but dont understand how a warning or deductions may change the approach of a fighter?)
                signed - the Papa of the realest motherfucker on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  people hate berto which I get why being hyped by HBO and getting monster paydays fighting no names but still you got to call it like it is I liked the fight both guys showed heart and Guerrero won but it needs a rematch before a Mayweather fight
                  Yeah cause they both held each other during that first KD and that nullifies getting beat up for 12 rounds and warrants a rematch.

Comment

umm wasn't it berto's corner basically yelling at him to stop illegally clinching so often? Berto clinched...clinched...and more clinching. Berto was the only one doing illegal tactics and he got ****ed up for it. also for being a drug cheat he got beat down like an animal.

Comment

The best way to get a refs attention is to return the favor. I wanted Berto to get as dirty or get knocked out. I hate a fighter complaining to the ref while the clock is running. Andre just doesnt have it. If the Ghost loses to Mayweather then they can fight again. Other than that I dont really care to see Berto on the big stage any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X