Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto-Margarito III in the works for May or June?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto-Margarito III in the works for May or June?

From Fightnews :

With his rematch ending in an anti-climatic fashion, Margarito mentioned that what might be next for him is an obvious ending to the trilogy.

“I was told that they would like to do a third fight because I think that not even they were happy with the ending and obviously I am not happy with the fight,” Margarito said of the possibility of a third meeting between the two. “I think they were left unsatisfied and we are going to talk to my promoter. Cotto had said that if he didn’t fight in New York, if I wasn’t licensed in New York, that he wouldn’t fight. He said he had signed to fight in New York and the the didn’t want to give me the advantage fighting anywhere else. He felt he had the advantage fighting in New York. They are seeing if there is a possibility to do a return match in May or June. I would love to do it because I didn’t leave satisfied.”
    SOURCE

Not interested...

Comment

with his eye ****ed up as it is? ****k no....

Comment

I seriously hope not.

Comment

another in house fight? I did not see that coming...I just did not

Comment

marg will have a hard time getting license anywhere except some of the southern states so why would Cotto have any interest in fighting in Mississippi or Texas don't bet on it most importantly do you really think Cotto would give him another big payday

Comment

Nooo please no..

Not only i am not interested in this fight at all.

But i am sick of watching margarito do a ton of money when there is a thousand guys that deserve the paycheck more than him.

I just think Cotto wants to kill him thats why he wants to fight him again.

Comment

Here it starts, the seed is planted for the trilogy. But seriously what Margarito needs to do is have a tune up against a light punching opponent to see how the eye would react. Can't blame him for trying to make money but Margarito would be stupid to have the 3rd fight in NY and especially right away.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                  marg will have a hard time getting license anywhere except some of the southern states so why would Cotto have any interest in fighting in Mississippi or Texas don't bet on it most importantly do you really think Cotto would give him another big payday
                  Hell yea he would. Who else would give him over 400k PPV not named Mayweather/Pac? Hell I don't even think he would do that with Chavez Jr. or Canelo. Reason why is because many people think they are green and not tough like Margarito who also has a win over Cotto.

Comment

Cotto should not take this fight, I wanna see him take on someone else. Marg has also lost all his big fights in embarrassing fashion, he needs to either take a long break from boxing or fight lesser fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X