Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen the Box Azteca broadcast of Cotto-Margarito II?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
    Maybe he was objective when asked by a PR reporter but listen to what JC says at 19:05. That is disrespectful and not true at all. He's calling Cotto a coward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvhlFoDdHHM
    Thanks, I was looking for this. These jokers always make me laugh with their distorted perception of reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
      Thanks, I was looking for this. These jokers always make me laugh with their distorted perception of reality.
      At minute 34 of the Box Azteca broadcast Chávez Sr says that Cotto headbutted Margarito and then acted dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
        Seriously, I don't want to throw more fuel to the fire considering the threads that have been flooding the forum these days, but I find it very distasteful when someone from the broadcast team, which is supposed to be objective and professional, shows total bias and verges on disrespectful.

I have the utmost respect for Chavez Sr. as a boxer, but I don't think JC is fit to be a commentator on these big events. Chavez, twice, called Cotto a coward just because he was cheering for Margarito and was as frustrated as he was. Then, at the end of the fight, he proceeded to make the same conspiracy theory that has been seen to the death on these forums. He said that Cotto was protected and this was a setup. The worse thing is that the rest of the team was being reasonable and accepting that Margarito had a tough road ahead and the stoppage was justified. The team also included Marco Antonio Barrera and Travieso Arce, both knowledgeable and objective in their assessment.

This is not to bash Mexico because, if anything, these commentator did a good job and the unofficial scorecard was fair also, but I think that it looks bad when you have one commentators who is biased and talking as a fan without taking into account the consequences of said comments.
        I don't like to add fuel to the fire, either. To tell you the truth, I'd rather sometimes omit talking about something just to stay on some of the posters' good sides.

But now that you've brought it up...yeah. I know JCC is one of the best fighters in history, but as a commentator...eeeeeeh, I dunno.

I remember watching the TV Azteca broadcast of Juanma-Salido. Juanma didn't run, in fact he started swinging away like a madman which, according to the typical Mexican, is how you're supposed to go out. JCC doesn't even attempt to be neutral, he just flat out cheers for the Mexican fighter.

When Juanma went down in the 5th, all you could hear is JCC going, "¡Esta noqueado! ¡Esta noqueado!" He goes on to scream that same phrase over and over and over and over again. It's funny to hear how passionate he still is about the sport and how funny it is because of the way he shouts it. It wasn't a big deal, really...at least when he did THAT.

But when he went on, for example, to say how Puerto Ricans have no heart or how they're all too confident when he generalizes...that's when you have to roll your eyes. He mentioned that Puerto Ricans have no heart in the Cintrón/Molina fight. If that's true, what about Wilfredo Gómez, who was stopped in all three of his losses? If you didn't knock him out, he never quit. What about Felix Trinidad? He was another fighter with A LOT of heart, a lot of toughness, and he fought 'til the end, even when he was getting thoroughly outboxed. What about Wilfred Benítez? Went almost fifteen rounds with Leonard, gave Hearns fits, and beat Durán. I don't know where he gets that.

BTW, thanks for the link! I'm gonna' hear the broadcast now!
        Last edited by TintaBoricua; 12-06-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I rather listen to unbiased opinions, but after announcers meet and coversate with certain boxers, it's hard for them not become outwardly bias.

British announcers and analysts rarely predict against a British fighter and if they do, they just don't make a prediction and say "(Insert British fighters' name) has a tough mountain to climb" and become visibly pumped when they win or visibly drained when they lose.

At least they don't try to hide it (HBO).

Comment

JCC is such a hater. At the beginning of the fifth round. "¡Cotto es un miedoso! ¡Siempre ha sido un miedoso!"

What the hell...?

I suppose he should've fought like Juanma...yeah, nothing like the ol' "throwing caution to the wind with your chin up in the air" to turn a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
              I don't like to add fuel to the fire, either. To tell you the truth, I'd rather sometimes omit talking about something just to stay on some of the posters' good sides.

But now that you've brought it up...yeah. I know JCC is one of the best fighters in history, but as a commentator...eeeeeeh, I dunno.

I remember watching the TV Azteca broadcast of Juanma-Salido. Juanma didn't run, in fact he started swinging away like a madman which, according to the typical Mexican, is how you're supposed to go out. JCC doesn't even attempt to be neutral, he just flat out cheers for the Mexican fighter.

When Juanma went down in the 5th, all you could hear is JCC going, "¡Esta noqueado! ¡Esta noqueado!" He goes on to scream that same phrase over and over and over and over again. It's funny to hear how passionate he still is about the sport and how funny it is because of the way he shouts it. It wasn't a big deal, really...at least when he did THAT.

But when he went on, for example, to say how Puerto Ricans have no heart or how they're all too confident when he generalizes...that's when you have to roll your eyes. He mentioned that Puerto Ricans have no heart in the Cintrón/Molina fight. If that's true, what about Wilfredo Gómez, who was stopped in all three of his losses? If you didn't knock him out, he never quit. What about Felix Trinidad? He was another fighter with A LOT of heart, a lot of toughness, and he fought 'til the end, even when he was getting thoroughly outboxed. What about Wilfred Benítez? Went almost fifteen rounds with Leonard, gave Hearns fits, and beat Durán. I don't know where he gets that.

BTW, thanks for the link! I'm gonna' hear the broadcast now!
              I think that type of talk is unacceptable. It's not much different than some of the crap we read around here from haters or blind fans. It's one thing to discredit a certain fighter, but I heard him say that all Puerto Ricans, not just fighters but PR's like you or me, are arrogant, conceited people. That's as irresponsible a statement as you will ever hear. That goes beyond boxing and becomes the nonsense we often see in forums.

Anyway, I know how this guy is but I still think it's out of line and it's evident that, sometimes, the other members of the broadcast team seem embarrassed by it.

Comment

Chavez is bias but what was worse was the whole HBO team and their proven bias against a certain fighter, in this case Margarito, the last time was marquez.

No one expected Margarito to outbox Cotto, we all expected him if anything to stop him the championship rounds. Honestly, the fight was a carbon copy of the first fight, so when people say ya cotto was winning, well no **** he was winning, we expected that.

But honestly, Cotto really wasnt dominating as badly as people were saying, and Cotto was on the move the whole fight, but if Margaritos punching didnt affect him why would he move so much? I also saw Margarito land a lot more than people give him credit for, people are so bias its ridiculous.

I would not say Cotto clearly won because the same thing happened in the first fight, except they didnt stop it in the 9th.

Comment

Well PR boxers don't get robbed as Mexican boxers. You should listen to Chavez in the Pacquiao Fight LOL i remember he threw his sheets of paper.

Comment

IMO Marco Barrera is a hell of a commentator.

Comment

If Trinidad and Julio Cesar Chavez say Jotto's a coward then Jotto's a coward .
                      Deal with it!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X