No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik did the right thing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    I don't bash him for having physical problems like most on here but if Williams didn't want to give up the Dec 5 date and Pavlik wanted to fight later......i wish he could have at least fought a better opponent.....Are you going to tell me they couldn't have found someone better who wanted a world title shot?

I dont blame Williams at all, Its HBO's date and you dont just give it up likle that, I have lost alot of respect for Pavlik in the way this whole episode was handle.

Its poor taste and a clear duck imo, I Know Pavlik would want to fight Williams in 2010 or something like that but if Williams says no i wouldnt be too hard on Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie Cruise View Post
      I dont blame Williams at all, Its HBO's date and you dont just give it up likle that, I have lost alot of respect for Pavlik in the way this whole episode was handle.

Its poor taste and a clear duck imo, I Know Pavlik would want to fight Williams in 2010 or something like that but if Williams says no i wouldnt be too hard on Williams.
      You really think Pavilk who ko's almost everyone he fights is afraid of an unproven opponent who stylistically should be easier for him because he is right in front of you? This all when he moved up to meet LHW B-hop at a catchweight?......I think this is a bad situation and ppl need someone to blame when no one is really at fault......Pav had a debilitating hand problem and whatever the deal with PWill he has a date for Dec 5 that he is either unwilling or unable to give up......it sucks for everyone but what can anyone do?

Comment

Originally posted by zekebox View Post
        All the Pavlik haters need to realize what he has gone through in the last 8-10 months with his hand. For him to just jump in the ring with Williams would have been ridiculous...He gotta be worried even if his hand will hold up against joe shmo. Jack Loew did the right thing and post poned the Williams fight. Its the best move for his carrer and for his future in boxing. Props to Team Pavlik for doing what is right for Kelly and not just jumping at a big pay day... Much respect.
        -Jarrod T
        yet Haye was slaughtered and Pavlik gets respect!!!

Comment

Also let's not forget who the big draw in the fight is... Paul Williams is fighting in a 3500 seating capacity ball room! Who is Paul Williams anyways? Hahaha Kelly is the champ! Respect his teams decisons as they are looking out for what's best for Kelly Pavlik! Once again much respect to team pavlik for not just jumping at a big payday and doing what's right for Kellys future!

Comment

Also let's not forget who the big draw in the fight is... Paul Williams is fighting in a 3500 seating capacity ball room! Who is Paul Williams anyways? Hahaha Kelly is the champ! Respect his teams decisons as they are looking out for what's best for Kelly Pavlik! Once again much respect to team pavlik for not just jumping at a big payday and doing what's right for Kellys future!
            true boxing fans know who williams is, he gets massive respect too bcuz hes willing to fight any man in the world.. pavlik does not. first abraham now williams..

Comment

smart move imo...he has been injured, and inactive..........it would be dumber to get in with a top guy like williams right away at this point, and after all this time, and what he has been through. better to find out in a tune up fight that he is rusty, or needs to fix some **** than with a 1k punch fellas like will. he needs a tune at this point, than he can move on to the big dogs.

Comment

It is a smart move for Pavlik,fight the Punisher,lose ur title!!Fight some bum,keep it!!Hell yeah,every fighter deserves to pull a floyd at least once!!

Comment

exactly... this is just what he needs.. all the haters dont know what the hell they are talking about. They are just mad becase they wont be able to see one of the best match ups boxing has to offer. i understand that though

Comment

Kelly has fallen off bad. I hope Pwill gets a title shot at 154 after Martinez.

Comment

all the pavlik haters need to realize what he has gone through in the last 8-10 months with his hand. For him to just jump in the ring with williams would have been ridiculous...he gotta be worried even if his hand will hold up against joe shmo. Jack loew did the right thing and post poned the williams fight. Its the best move for his carrer and for his future in boxing. Props to team pavlik for doing what is right for kelly and not just jumping at a big pay day... Much respect.
                      -jarrod t
                      i would him a b!tch name but to late (kelly)it s not just williams either he punked out of a fight with sergio mora twice and pwill twice.signed a fight 2 weeks later vs ______.lost respect
                      a female period

Comment

Working...
                      X