Juan Dominguez-4(2)-0(0)-0
    Felix Diaz-3(2)-0(0)-0
    Ariel Duran-6(4)-0(0)-0
    Edwin Rodriguez-13(8)-0(0)-0
    Fernando Guerrero-16(13)-0(0)-0
    Wilton Hilaro-12(9)-0(0)-1

UPDATE.

More Coming Soon!
    Last edited by Lokotron; 11-22-2009, 12:21 PM.

Originally posted by FrankyCola View Post
    Jose Guzman-8(5)-0(0)-0
    Argenis Mendez-14(9)-1(0)-0
    Victor Manuel Cayo-23(15)-0(0)-0
    Jenifel Vicente-13(8)-0(0)-2
    Fransisco Contreras-10(10)-0(0)-0
    Juan Ubaldo Cabrera-17(13)-0(0)-0
    Juan Dominguez-4(2)-0(0)-0
    Felix Diaz-1(1)-0(0)-0
    Ariel Duran-6(4)-0(0)-0
    Edwin Rodriguez-11(8)-0(0)-0
    Fernando Guerrero-15(13)-0(0)-0
    Wilton Hilaro-11(9)-0(0)-1

More Coming Soon!
    Interesting, there havent been many Dominican famous fighters in the past. I wonder why. Puerto Rico and of course Cuba have had their share of famous and great fighters. The only Dominican I know of is Merqui Sosa. And he was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
      Interesting, there havent been many Dominican famous fighters in the past. I wonder why. Puerto Rico and of course Cuba have had their share of famous and great fighters. The only Dominican I know of is Merqui Sosa. And he was good.
      Yeah it's because DR is more into baseball and we developed our boxing places and our boxing goverment late.Stay uned though people say boxing is dying but probably when the poorer countries develop a bit their hungry fighters might bring boxing back.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
        We don't put emphasis on our boxing program. A Dominican kid is usually put in a baseball league when they're growing up. Fighter you might know or see are:

Joan Guzman (will fight Funeka for IBF title at 135)
        Elio Rojas (126 lb. WBC title)
        Delvin Rodriguez (just lost an SD for the IBF title at 147)
        Fransisco Lorenzo
        Giovanni Lorenzo (will fight for vacant 160 title)

I bet at least 3 of the prospects Franky mentioned will become titlists.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          We don't put emphasis on our boxing program. A Dominican kid is usually put in a baseball league when they're growing up. Fighter you might know or see are:

Joan Guzman (will fight Funeka for IBF title at 135)
          Elio Rojas (126 lb. WBC title)
          Delvin Rodriguez (just lost an SD for the IBF title at 147)
          Fransisco Lorenzo
          Giovanni Lorenzo (will fight for vacant 160 title)

I bet at least 3 of the prospects Franky mentioned will become titlists.
          Yeah like in 2015 if every country has many boxers.How will this play out to know whos the best because it's going to be be many people who have to fight eachother.

Victor Cayo might fight Marcos Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankyCola View Post
            Yeah like in 2015 if every country has many boxers.How will this play out to know whos the best because it's going to be be many people who have to fight eachother.

Victor Cayo might fight Marcos Maidana.
            Where'd you hear that? Cayo shouldn't be fighting pure power punchers like Maidana, his defense is too leaky for that type of fighter. If he fights, him it would be horrible management.

Comment

You forgot one of de best from Dominicans, Daniel Jimenez, he defeated Vicente Escobedo.

I seriously dont know other than Guzman, Jimenez, Elio Rojas (gonna be matched with a real good fighter sooner or later) who DR has that is gonna be great....I dunno. But Guzman surely opened the door for them in boxing but they wont dominate or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by IwatchBoxing View Post
                You forgot one of de best from Dominicans, Daniel Jimenez, he defeated Vicente Escobedo.

I seriously dont know other than Guzman, Jimenez, Elio Rojas (gonna be matched with a real good fighter sooner or later) who DR has that is gonna be great....I dunno. But Guzman surely opened the door for them in boxing but they wont dominate or anything.
                Daniel Jimenez is decent, but he's not a prospect anymore. He had a war against Roman Martinez at 130, but lost a decision to an old Jesus Chavez at 135. Escobedo has gotten better while Jimenez has pretty much stayed the same.

Pacquiao and other boxers like him come out of nowhere so I'm confident there will be some dominant Dominicans coming through.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                  Daniel Jimenez is decent, but he's not a prospect anymore. He had a war against Roman Martinez at 130, but lost a decision to an old Jesus Chavez at 135. Escobedo has gotten better while Jimenez has pretty much stayed the same.

Pacquiao and other boxers like him come out of nowhere so I'm confident there will be some dominant Dominicans coming through.
                  Well, Dominat boxers yes, Guzman looks good, even Mendez (the next great Dominican boxer...I suppose...) even after his loss he can be dominant.

Gizman and Mendez are/going to be dominant.

Comment

Do I see more top Dominicans, no. That is all LOL I see Cubans coming in and competting with Puerto Rico but DR, nope. Theres only so much room. LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X