Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn: Roy Jones Jr. fans: Lets name all the cops and cab drivers on his resume.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
    based on how bad Mike McCallum made Steve look, I dont really think Roy would have had anything to fear from him.

Hopkins was not prime when he fought Roy. nor was he prime in his 40s when he beat Tarver and Winky...I even had him losing the Winky fight. nah, he was prime in his early to middle 30s.
    but at the same time Ive heard that Roy broke/injured his hand in that fight with Hopkins, so he more or less beat him with one hand. thats not too bad. and Roy hadnt exactly hit his prime either.
    Thats not the point. I think Roy beats Collins fairly handily too. But its all hypothetical. Hypothetically Cotto outboxes Margarito - didnt happen. Hypothetically Khan destroys a Colombian nobody - didnt happen.

There are too many ifs, buts, wouldas, shouldas and couldas surrounding Roy's career which is a shame considering his talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Thats not the point. I think Roy beats Collins fairly handily too. But its all hypothetical. Hypothetically Cotto outboxes Margarito - didnt happen. Hypothetically Khan destroys a Colombian nobody - didnt happen.

There are too many ifs, buts, wouldas, shouldas and couldas surrounding Roy's career which is a shame considering his talent.
      thats true, but almost all ATGs have a few guys missing on their records that most people think they would have beaten anyway. I wish that Roy would have fought Steve instead of some of his other weaker title defences, but honestly it doesnt make a huge difference on his record with or without Collins on there.

its a shame Roy missed out on some really big fights, but he kind of made it up by going up to heavyweight and everything. still, could have done better.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
        In addition lets find a source for him ducking Steve Collins. Strangely, I DO have Larry Merchant on video saying that Collins refused an offer from Roy. But my guess is that Ol Larry was lying and Roy was a ***** and scared.

But here I'll start:

Here's a cop:

New York Daily News Golden Gloves Champions
        ------------
        Richard Frazier (Tricky Ricky) New York City's most talented boxing police officer. He was a cop by day and boxer by night. He won two New York Golden Gloves Championships. Frazier won both the 1985 165lb Novice Championship and five years later in 1990 Frazier won the 178lb Open Championship. In 1985 Frazier defeated Keith Providence of Gleason's Gym in the finals to win the Championship and in 1990 Frazier defeated future Light heavyweight contender Lou Del Valle of the Morris Park Boys Club in the finals to win the Championship. Amature record was 124-5 As a Pro, he fisrt beat Anthony Hembrick in Atlantic City then 6 months later scored a 6 round knock out in the rematch at Madison Square Garden. On Jan 9,1999 he fought for the IBF and WBC 175lb title against Roy Jones Jr. and was stopped in the 2nd round at the age of 40.

-----

Any others? What a clown that Roy was.
        has anyone actually read what this turd has written or are you like me and utterly indifferent to his laughable drivvle and grasp on reaity

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
          thats true, but almost all ATGs have a few guys missing on their records that most people think they would have beaten anyway. I wish that Roy would have fought Steve instead of some of his other weaker title defences, but honestly it doesnt make a huge difference on his record with or without Collins on there.

its a shame Roy missed out on some really big fights, but he kind of made it up by going up to heavyweight and everything. still, could have done better.
          I think Jones has more than a few - Benn, Eubank, Collins, Watson and McClellan were fighting each other in absolute wars in the middleweight/super middleweight division. How Roy managed to not fight any of them is beyond me.

Then theres Dariusz M who was the main man at 175 but Roy never fought him.

His heavyweight title win was impressive but it was John Ruiz. James Toney repeated that feat soon after and Ruiz is just not very good.

I rate Jones as the most talented fighter of my generation but his resume doesnt match up

Comment

Working...
          X