Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duva: Kovalev Still Man to Beat in Light Heavyweight Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    No that Ward has retired? Definitely Kovalev is the man to beat.
    I guess that’s how we can look at it, I’m going to reserve judgment until Saturday. He was talking about retiring after the Second lose . That’s a sign that a guy has mentally checked out. And we both know this isn’t the business to not be 100% focused

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post
      Questions Who has Stevenson fought in the last two years? When has Stevenson looked good in a fight?
      When hasn’t Stevenson looked good? You can say he’s fought weak competition but he’s blasted through them at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
        I guess that’s how we can look at it, I’m going to reserve judgment until Saturday. He was talking about retiring after the Second lose . That’s a sign that a guy has mentally checked out. And we both know this isn’t the business to not be 100% focused
        Against Ward he definitely checked out Mentally, Not sure if he is good enough to still beat the others at 175, but that boogeyman feeling is gone, the respect/fears others had for him at that weight more be at an all time low now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          When hasn’t Stevenson looked good? You can say he’s fought weak competition but he’s blasted through them at least.
          That's the only reason i have Kovalev as the man still. His competition, and the fact that those two haven't fought to actually settle it in the ring, apart from that NO one can question the way Adonis has despatch his opposition.

Comment

Against Ward he definitely checked out Mentally, Not sure if he is good enough to still beat the others at 175, but that boogeyman feeling is gone, the respect/fears others had for him at that weight more be at an all time low now.
            Perfectly worded my friend. Going to make Saturday’s fight that much more exciting

Comment

Yeah people laugh at the whole blueprint thing because of the Mayweather era (theres no blueprint! I have the blueprint to beat Mayweather! Etc), but the cat is out the bag a little with Kovalev.

If you were going to fight him you know exactly how you need to train, how you nee to fight.

Not to say everyone has the skill to do it, but it makes all of Kovalevs fights more difficult now.

Comment

If Kov was the man to beat @ 175, he wouldn't be fighting Shabransky. I fault Main Events for that! There's plenty of options for the future, if Duva can get the deals done: Gvozdyk, Barerra, Bivol, Browne, Alvarez, and Badou Jack! Pick one!

Comment

That's the only reason i have Kovalev as the man still. His competition, and the fact that those two haven't fought to actually settle it in the ring, apart from that NO one can question the way Adonis has despatch his opposition.
                  Technically you can call Kovalev the man. But I’d fancy Stevenson and that left hand against anyone at 175. Even at 40 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    Technically you can call Kovalev the man. But I’d fancy Stevenson and that left hand against anyone at 175. Even at 40 years old.
                    Yeah i would definitely pick Adonis to beat Kov, am only calling Kov the man because Ward retired. For me its by default and the fact that he has better names than Adonis on his resume.

Comment

That isn't how it works unfortunately. You need to work your way back to the top after getting your soul snatched.

Comment

Working...
                      X