Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robinson or Ali, who's really the greatest?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best the Brits have had in a long, long time is Calzaghe, which says a lot by itself. Now their fan masses have already got Joshua elevated to a great for beating a man who continually proved in the big ones that he possessed no fighting instincts and had to be force fed every basic idea, even caveman concepts such as hit your opponent more often, and/or when your opponent is hurt, then hurt him some more..

We have had to endure their antics over the likes of Ricky Hatton and David Haye. Why can't they produce a great? They have blacked and browned themselves up real good by now. Must be the loss of backbone they suffered doing so. Who is more politically correct and shivern in his boots than a traditional Englishman? Why, he'd hate to be politically incorrect. He's a...by God...good little boy well steeped in advanced multi cultural theory and concept. More and more he exists in name only, of course, carrying the identity of another. To make matters worse, drunken choirs of fans sing out of tune at every chance.

Their east injuns isn't going to box, and their moslems never was much in the ring. They have blacked and browned themselves up wrong. Ha! Ha! It takes some jazz in the feet. Their teeth rot early on tea. Their injuns will do fine in chemistry, though they couldn't pack a big cotton bale halfway to the barn. Yes, sir, the U.S. blacked up right. If there is such a thing, I mean. For boxing, at least. The Brits might still notch us in cosmology and astro-physics, 'cause you can black up wrong for physics, and I believe the U.S. might have done that.

Someone mentioned the current president. I observe that the two most lampoon-able U.S. presidents have been Trump and Lincoln. Of the two, one is considered possibly the greatest statesman of all time, the other is not.

May every U.S. moslem remember and adopt a pilgrim as he sits down to his turkey and gravy dinner this Thanksgiving day. Moslems enlightened enough for barbecued pork ribs already understand how much they owe to pilgrims. Injuns from Bombay to South Dakota should appreciate pilgrims, too.
    Last edited by The Old LefHook; 11-19-2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      The best the Brits have had in a long, long time is Calzaghe, which says a lot by itself. Now their fan masses have already got Joshua elevated to a great for beating a man who continually proved in the big ones that he possessed no fighting instincts and had to be force fed every basic idea, even caveman concepts such as hit your opponent more often, and/or when your opponent is hurt, then hurt him some more..

We have had to endure their antics over the likes of Ricky Hatton and David Haye. Why can't they produce a great? They have blacked and browned themselves up real good by now. Must be the loss of backbone they suffered doing so. Who is more politically correct and shivern in his boots than a traditional Englishman? Why, he'd hate to be politically incorrect. He's a...by God...good little boy well steeped in advanced multi cultural theory and concept. More and more he exists in name only, of course, carrying the identity of another. To make matters worse, drunken choirs of fans sing out of tune at every chance.

Their east injuns isn't going to box, and their moslems never was much in the ring. They have blacked and browned themselves up wrong. Ha! Ha! It takes some jazz in the feet. Their teeth rot early on tea. Their injuns will do fine in chemistry, though they couldn't pack a big cotton bale halfway to the barn. Yes, sir, the U.S. blacked up right. If there is such a thing, I mean. For boxing, at least. The Brits might still notch us in cosmology and astro-physics, 'cause you can black up wrong for physics, and I believe the U.S. might have done that.

Someone mentioned the current president. I observe that the two most lampoon-able U.S. presidents have been Trump and Lincoln. Of the two, one is considered possibly the greatest statesman of all time, the other is not.

May every U.S. moslem remember and adopt a pilgrim as he sits down to his turkey and gravy dinner this Thanksgiving day. Moslems enlightened enough for barbecued pork ribs already understand how much they owe to pilgrims. Injuns from Bombay to South Dakota should appreciate pilgrims, too.
      What are you on about? We have the political correct bug at least as bad as over the pond. The Brits excel, among other things, at colorful language, the Aussis as well! Since the Internet has become a tool to reach into the culture of the world I have learned to appreciate and face the reality that when it comes to the English language, we in the US of A might be the equivalent of a Mandarin Chinese speaker trying to insult a Cantonese gin merchant... In Mandarin? "shen mo Shih tung Shi ba?" Oh the horror! translation "what kind of a thing are you?" Lets not even dignify that vapidity with some of the more colorful Cantonese of Fuk chow responses that might ensue from said gin merchant.

But instead of the typical "youre a d ick head, across the pond we have a B ellend." Classic and to the point. Love it... and lets not even start with the Aussies who make a Tennessee truck driver sound like a choir boy.

Comment

neither is....

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDKING View Post
          neither is....
          And your candidate is?

Comment

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
            And your candidate is?
            ''hands of stone''

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDKING View Post
              ''hands of stone''
              As much as I love Duran, just no. It's debatable whether Duran was even the greatest Lightweight since Benny Leonard has just as good an argument.

Comment

As much as I love Duran, just no. It's debatable whether Duran was even the greatest Lightweight since Benny Leonard has just as good an argument.
                You can throw Joe Gans in the mix as well when talking greatest lightweight.

Comment

What about Benny Leonard?
                  Last edited by Anthony342; 11-21-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    You can throw Joe Gans in the mix as well when talking greatest lightweight.
                    Exactly.....

Comment

How many benny leonard fights have you seen? Who did benny beat that was close to a prime WW ray leonard?

Comment

Working...
                      X