Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Retains, Wins Majority Decision Over Hughie Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    I missed the 13th round tho.
    Lol it's the round Tyson jumped in the ring and tag teamed Hughie. 9 - 3

Comment

118-110 ridiculous cards but i have no problem with the outcome. Hughie is a bit of a nightmare with his less than eye catching style and constant movement. I think he can trouble many heavyweights with his negative tactics but nobody will want to risk fighting him

Comment

This fight kind of reminds me of the Dirrell/Froch fight in the super 6 years ago...same type of result...

Comment

Make no mistake Hughie has only himself to blame. I thought he won the fight but his lack of power punches thrown hurt him. As other said he fought like Malik Scott. I thought he fought more like Kevin Johnson. That style doesn't always win over the crowd or judges...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            Make no mistake Hughie has only himself to blame. I thought he won the fight but his lack of power punches thrown hurt him. As other said he fought like Malik Scott. I thought he fought more like Kevin Johnson. That style doesn't always win over the crowd or judges...
            Sorry but were you drinking when you watched bc Hughie landed NOTHING throughout that fight to suggest he won and should take the belt from the champion......you cant seriously be on point ( you usually are) here!

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
              I honestly think it was a draw, but I don't do draws in title fights, so, Parker wins by a swing round due to Fury not doing enough.

I'm talking boxing skills, footwork, setting traps, who won the exchanges before tying up etc ....Fury is the the far superior boxer with movement, timing, jab etc....Parker won on aggression alone.

Hughie needs to do more in the swing rounds and throw more right hands and power shots, and do more on the inside, then he would win.

My argument is Hughie is the mor skilled boxer. Show me a HW that throws himself into the ropes and has the footwork to avoid Joseph Parker charging and totally nullify him! show me.
              Only Hughie's cousin, Tyson Fury. the HW kingpin.

Comment

I honestly think Frank Warren should make Daniel Dubious (who will be rated in Top 10 WBO rankings soon) vs Parker early next year and make Triple DDD the Youngest Heavyweight Champion in History as he would annihilate Parker even at this stage of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
                  I honestly think Frank Warren should make Daniel Dubious (who will be rated in Top 10 WBO rankings soon) vs Parker early next year and make Triple DDD the Youngest Heavyweight Champion in History as he would annihilate Parker even at this stage of his career.
                  Every top HW prospect looks like the second coming of Tyson after fighting 5 scrubs. Dubois needs to fight something decent first. So far he can just stand with no head movement and bomb away against these cab drivers

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    Sorry but were you drinking when you watched bc Hughie landed NOTHING throughout that fight to suggest he won and should take the belt from the champion......you cant seriously be on point ( you usually are) here!
                    I watched it on my iphone after a long day at work. 45 minute bus ride back to camp. I'm sick & very tired so maybe a combination of things threw me off. I thought it was a terrible fight. Hughie just moved around flicking jabs & landed the odd right for the entire fight from what I saw. Parker didn't land much himself until the last 2 rounds where he clearly won. I had it 115-113 for Hughie on my card so the 114-114 was more on par with what I saw. I'm not going to call it a robbery but I was surprised by the 2 118-110 cards. Regardless of what I saw there is no way either guy is going to beat Wilder or Joshua in my opinion. Hughie is only 23 & has time on his side to gain experience against better opposition. He learned a hard lesson today that flicking a jab moving backwards isn't going to win you a title. He lost in his hometown on the scorecards. Parker moves on to bigger fights. I wouldn't be surprised if he fights Hammer next who will now move into the WBO #1 spot. A voluntary defence before a unification bout with whomever is champions next summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnycontrolet View Post
                      I guess nobody watched this fight on YouTube and the arena was half empty. Mick Hennessy is the worst and most stupid promoter in boxing.
                      He's also the fattest. I didn't see the fight because I'm not paying anything to watch ****ing YouTube. I thought it would be a poor fight and it sounds like it was.

Comment

Working...
                      X