No announcement yet.

Canelo can't win with fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sicario* View Post
    Same as when GGG guaranteed a KO. Any educated fan who watched the sport knows he's a counter puncher. Why did GGG say that when he couldn't deliver? You're a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
    Totally illogical comment bro. GGG TRIED to knock Canelo out. He wasnt lying. Canelo on the other hand said he would do something that he knew he would not do.

Me I have nothing against him moving. Why would he stand infront of GGG playing right into his opponents strength? To gain respect from out of shape Mexicans watching the fight on their TV?

Comment

Kinda feel sorry for the dude. He signs on the dotted line to fight GGG when eveyone said he was ducking him. Then he fights him and fought a good, competitive fight. People seem to hate him more now when he had nothing to do with scorecards. People were b1tching about him not fighting "Mexican Style" when we never fights like that before in his career. Now he said he is willing to fight GGG in a rematch. What does Canelo have to do to earn the respect of fans? Seems like too much ungrateful fans that complain about every little thing.
      If Canelo walks on water they'll say it's cause he can't swim.
      Haters will hate no matter what. It's their nature.

Comment

jealousy at its finest.

Comment

Absolutely, I made note that he would have to knockout GGG to get full respect but then after outboxing him and even staying on the ropes against GGG by choice with the results I've seen.

I come to the conclusion that if Canelo would've knocked out GGG the next complaint would be that he was on steroids and that GGG got old and he waited forever for him!

( yet folks conveniently leave out it was a simply business money money since Canelo is dealing with a lawsuit)!

Canelo's in that bracket where no matter what he won't get the full respect he deserves despite challenging himself and testing his skills against guys he didn't NEED but still signed to fight them!

It was a pleasure watching him work cuz most people don't know how hard it is to move/roll with punches/set up shots and traps/counter off jabs and off the ropes/when to step out of range/ when to take a breather/how to test your opponents range and your own/how to gain your opponents respect/how to make your opponent reset/making them miss punches by inches/risking throwing body punches/and when to stand your ground!

All of that takes ring IQ, years of experience, years of repetition, lots of focus and stamina which is funny cuz Canelo's gas tank was supposed to be apart of his inevitable NO loss!

Also perspective, he's Mexican an most dont understand the history of the sport that not all Mexican's fight coming forward and brawling!

Comment

Kinda feel sorry for the dude. He signs on the dotted line to fight GGG when eveyone said he was ducking him. Then he fights him and fought a good, competitive fight. People seem to hate him more now when he had nothing to do with scorecards. People were b1tching about him not fighting "Mexican Style" when we never fights like that before in his career. Now he said he is willing to fight GGG in a rematch. What does Canelo have to do to earn the respect of fans? Seems like too much ungrateful fans that complain about every little thing.
            He has nothing to be ashamed of. I thought he fought a really good fight and he wasn't far off from winning IMO. I think he actually gained a lot of respect in this fight. I think the decision actually was worse for him in that it played up the negative perceptions that he is protected and gets favorable decisions.

Had he just lost I think the talk would have been; what an excellent fight it was. Canelo moved up in weight and was in it. He lost but in a rematch maybe he beats Golovkin. Canelo proved his toughness. IMO that would have been the end of it. Now that gets overshadowed by the BS decision.

People unfairly trash him because they don't like when they see an injustice and they take it out on the most visible person even if that person didn't cause the injustice.

Comment

Yes cus Canelo is his own promoter. We all know the reason behind that. Just stop.
              I always believed Canelo would have made the fight earlier as he said but that was all DLH. If you believe Golovkin he said Canelo told him it was GBP.

That said I have to say, while I believe Canelo wanted the initial fight I'm not so sure right now he wants the rematch any time soon. Of course the fight just ended so he is entitled to take some time but I have to say I just got the vibe that he wouldn't be looking for a rematch any time soon. On the other hand I can see GBP wanting this fight sooner than later.

Let the dust settle and see where it goes. I never called Canelo a ducker even during the drawn out process. I did say if they didn't fight this year than I would have been critical.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                Absolutely, I made note that he would have to knockout GGG to get full respect but then after outboxing him and even staying on the ropes against GGG by choice with the results I've seen.

I come to the conclusion that if Canelo would've knocked out GGG the next complaint would be that he was on steroids and that GGG got old and he waited forever for him!

( yet folks conveniently leave out it was a simply business money money since Canelo is dealing with a lawsuit)!

Canelo's in that bracket where no matter what he won't get the full respect he deserves despite challenging himself and testing his skills against guys he didn't NEED but still signed to fight them!

It was a pleasure watching him work cuz most people don't know how hard it is to move/roll with punches/set up shots and traps/counter off jabs and off the ropes/when to step out of range/ when to take a breather/how to test your opponents range and your own/how to gain your opponents respect/how to make your opponent reset/making them miss punches by inches/risking throwing body punches/and when to stand your ground!

All of that takes ring IQ, years of experience, years of repetition, lots of focus and stamina which is funny cuz Canelo's gas tank was supposed to be apart of his inevitable NO loss!

Also perspective, he's Mexican an most dont understand the history of the sport that not all Mexican's fight coming forward and brawling!
                The problem with a lot of you is that you think what a small minority in here say actually is what the outside world thinks. If Canelo had knocked out Golovkin he would have been an f'n hero in Mexico and he would have been touted in the boxing community. Just because 100 guys on this site would have come up with some BS story doesn't mean that's what the outside world is saying.

Let me say there are some valid criticisms of Canelo just like every damn fighter. But I think in the ring on Saturday he put any doubt that he is a top notch fighter to bed with the overwhelming majority of fans and media. That doesn't mean you have to think he's an ATG but he is an exceptional fighter. He deserves his props.

Comment

Originally posted by reneg_2 View Post
                  If Canelo walks on water they'll say it's cause he can't swim.
                  Haters will hate no matter what. It's their nature.
                  True. IMO haters are much worse than fanboys. I'm not saying I love fanboys but the hater IMO is generally some kind of loser that has to tear down others because they likely they never accomplished sht in their own lives.

Jealous, hate, envy, whatever. I have no problem with critical analysis that is part of why we talk about sports, but the emotional immaturity of the haters is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    People don't like entitled mf'ers
                    Trout fight, ridiculous scorecards
                    Lara fight, ridiculous scorecard
                    Mayweather fight, ridiculous scorecard
                    Cotto fight, ridiculous scorecard
                    GGG fight, ridiculous scorecard

Who made this kid the next coming of the golden child? Why does he deserve to be treated better than anyone else he's fighting? It's a joke and everyone sees it plain as day
                    You made my point about why people dislike him (I'm not saying it is right and I should say it isn't the only reason they dislike him). He should have come out of this fight with people talking up the positives, which IMO there were a lot. I thought he performed well. I thought he demonstrated himself to be an excellent boxer. But once he got the gift decision that all went out the door. What happens then is people see the continued shady cards he gets. Not saying all of his fights are shady but clearly he has got virtually everything in his favor. Some person who isn't a complete Canelo nut hugger sees that and says f that Canelo. They get emotional and let that emotion override the positive attributes he brings inside the ring.

Comment

I think the biggest problem is that he brings a big female fan base like Oscar and dudes can't stand their mothers sisters girlfriends grandmas only watching him because they want to f.uck him

Comment

Working...
                      X