Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HYPED prospects who failed to live up to the hype...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LIU KANG View Post
    Samuel Peter was supposed to be the new KO king at HW. He was coming up when Vitali was falling off with injuries, and Wlad was looking like an exposed hypejob himself. But Wlad actually used Peter as the fulcrum for his comeback to the top of the division. It took Peter a few more years just to get a paper belt from Maskaev, then Vitali immediately spanked him for it to start his big comeback. Peter pretty much became a journeyman and the Klitschkos' punching bag.
    I never understood any of the hype surrounding Peter. He was crude and his power was way overrated. The highlight reel ko of Jeremy Williams made this guy out to be a monster he never really was or would be.

Comment

Audley Harrison comes to mind when talking about fighters who failed to live up to the hype.

Comment

Billy Collins Jr.

Not his fault, but he does fit the description of the thread.

Comment

Brandon Rios, yea I said it.. the dude will be crap in a few years mark my words..I hope this thread gets pulled up a few years from now

Comment

vivian harris.

Comment

Michael Katsidis... never could get over the hump.
              Joel Julio
              Andre Dirrell.... skills and ability's are obviously there but his layoff has been going on forever. Time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by LIU KANG View Post
                Edison Miranda was hyped to hell. People were dissatisfied with how Taylor couldn't beat Hopkins decisively, and how unimpressive he looked in his title defenses. Miranda was pegged as the guy who'd beat him and maybe be a dominant monster because of his KO power. He actually got even more hype after his loss to Abraham because the decision was shady. But he got annihilated by Pavlik, then rebuilding himself at SMW failed when Abraham whacked him in the rematch. He ended up being a bigger version of Mayorga.

Jeff Lacy was building a fan following and got hyped up like crazy. People figured he'd take back 168 from Europeans and run the division, maybe step up to 175 later. But Calzaghe ripped him to pieces and he never recovered.

Samuel Peter was supposed to be the new KO king at HW. He was coming up when Vitali was falling off with injuries, and Wlad was looking like an exposed hypejob himself. But Wlad actually used Peter as the fulcrum for his comeback to the top of the division. It took Peter a few more years just to get a paper belt from Maskaev, then Vitali immediately spanked him for it to start his big comeback. Peter pretty much became a journeyman and the Klitschkos' punching bag.
                You got to them before i did,ill add Joan Guzman very smart cagey fighter that never acheived what i thought he could,James Toney even though he is hof imo he always had conditioning problems and never truly showed the greatness we all knew he had,Edwin Cherry this was the prospect i thought would be huge and never made it,ill even throw in Jason Litzau but that was more a product of fighting bums then anything.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                  Billy Collins Jr.

Not his fault, but he does fit the description of the thread.
                  No just no what happened to him is fcking disturbing,whats even worse is boxing didnt learn a damn thing after that incident they let Marg get away with attempted murder and then rewarded him with title fights.

Comment

Working...
                  X