Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saints players bounty suspensions handed out.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    You know what interests me is why they decided these guys and why only 4. If the bounty program was instilled wouldn't you think every guy on that defense was trying to injure players.... Just because you don't commit the actual crime doesn't mean you're innocent. It's like bringing a gun to rob a bank and then the last minute walking out of the bank and claiming innocence.
    You know they have some fcked up sht on Vilma,full season watch when it comes out people will think its fair.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      There is a crap load of evidence against these men including the coaches that we will not see anytime soon,the league is embarrassed and that shows in the suspensions,its harsh as hell but the title should be stripped and given to that years afc champion.
      Evidence of what exactly? A bounty program?

Ok and why should they be stripped of it and then just given to the AFC champ? THen they should take away all of the Saints wins that year, which would alter all of the NFL standings that year and replay that NFL post season to see who the "real champ was

Comment

I still don't see the point.

Games evolve. I get that.

But what's next? Two hand touch?

Flag football?

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
          There is a crap load of evidence against these men including the coaches that we will not see anytime soon,the league is embarrassed and that shows in the suspensions,its harsh as hell but the title should be stripped and given to that years afc champion.
          They would never do that. They don't do that in college when a championship is vacated. The AFC team may of won if there was no bounty program but you can't prove that so no one wins that year.

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Evidence of what exactly? A bounty program?

Ok and why should they be stripped of it and then just given to the AFC champ? THen they should take away all of the Saints wins that year, which would alter all of the NFL standings that year and replay that NFL post season to see who the "real champ was
          Yeah, they certainly couldn't award it to a team that didn't win it. It would just be a year with no champion. Ain't gonna happen though but like I said the league is coming down so hard that it only seems fitting that they should act like that championship didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

Flag football?
            Maybe they should go back to leather helmets and less pads. Then we won't have players launching their bodies like missiles.

Comment

They would never do that. They don't do that in college when a championship is vacated. The AFC team may of won if there was no bounty program but you can't prove that so no one wins that year.

Yeah, they certainly couldn't award it to a team that didn't win it. It would just be a year with no champion. Ain't gonna happen though but like I said the league is coming down so hard that it only seems fitting that they should act like that championship didn't happen.
              But it did happen, you cannot erase history.

It would be like stripping Abraham Lincoln of his presidency because we find out he did something illegal and imoral

You cant change history
              Last edited by Russian Crushin; 05-02-2012, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

Flag football?
                Games evolve? WHat does that mean exactly?

Something is outlined in the rules as highly illegal and if someone breaks those rules, its ok because it evolves the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  But it did happen, you cannot erase history.

It would be like stripping Abraham Lincoln of his presidency because we find out he did something illegal and imoral

You cant change history
                  Right, it did happen but you don't see it in the record books and as people die people forget. For example a program like SMU. Majority of people have no idea that this program was a powerhouse in college football because they were complete erased from the record books. If the NFL stripped the Saints championship, gone are the banners, the stats, and the videos. People will either forget it happened or die off.

Comment

Right, it did happen but you don't see it in the record books and as people die people forget. For example a program like SMU. Majority of people have no idea that this program was a powerhouse in college football because they were complete erased from the record books. If the NFL stripped the Saints championship, gone are the banners, the stats, and the videos. People will either forget it happened or die off.
                    But who cares? Honestly.

Its one of the dumbest concepts i've ever heard

Comment

Maybe they should go back to leather helmets and less pads. Then we won't have players launching their bodies like missiles.
                      Yeah, NFL player's are *******. Forgot about that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X