Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanes was getting beat up in sparring by Loma?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanes was getting beat up in sparring by Loma?

Saw this but i never seen Vanes even mentioned as a sparing partner? Seckbach usually has the exclusive when it comes to Loma's camps and interviewing his sparring partners but this is funny if true considering what GGG did to him.

Kinda hard to believe.
    Loma sparring with a jr middle?

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
      Kinda hard to believe.
      Loma sparring with a jr middle?

Comment

Loma is the GOAT.

Comment

Doubt this is legit, but I don't see Vanes landing on Loma at all and his punching power is nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post

Holy crap!

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
              Doubt this is legit, but I don't see Vanes landing on Loma at all and his punching power is nothing special.
              Cmon you know that's not how a paid service works for sparring. Even if it were true, Vanes is strongly advised to take it easy on Loma. Just like Champion Cruiserweights or Heavyweights that Abel claims are easy for Golovkin - considering Abel doesn't do hard sparring to begin with - all those guys brought in are advised to go easy on them.

Cruiser to Middle is 30 lbs from weigh in innit... That means Golovkin is fighting 200lbs+ guys while Gennady is 175lbs+ sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post
                Cmon you know that's not how a paid service works for sparring. Even if it were true, Vanes is strongly advised to take it easy on Loma. Just like Champion Cruiserweights or Heavyweights that Abel claims are easy for Golovkin - considering Abel doesn't do hard sparring to begin with - all those guys brought in are advised to go easy on them.

Cruiser to Middle is 30 lbs from weigh in innit... That means Golovkin is fighting 200lbs+ guys while Gennady is 175lbs+ sparring.
                I assumed that part too, but I could see a 140 poundish Loma holding his own against someone like Vanes.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                  I assumed that part too, but I could see a 140 poundish Loma holding his own against someone like Vanes.
                  I'd say Loma walks around at a 145 average. Yes you're right. Canelo sparring Shabransky, or a Zurdo today that rehydrates to 195+

These are all catch a mouse type drills depending on the style. Check out my boy Canelo holding his ground with the lanky ass tall Zurdo and getting rocked with that sweet Left from Zurdo... Lil'G wouldn't dare want that work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0WLmh5Vfjs&t=123s

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post

Why not? James Kirkland was making a Cuiserweight quit in sparring. Like he was beating the **** out of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X