Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would Have Happened If Matthysse's Eye Didn't Swell Against Danny Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the swollen eye was caught by repeated punches that was landed by Garcia legally I would still go with a Garcia UD.

Comment

matthysse would've likely won

but that's not how it went down, just like pacquiao likely would have won vs marquez if he hadn't been caught by that killer hook

Comment

Matthysse would've won had the eye not been a issue. It was a close fight even with Matthysse fighting with one eye for the second half of the fight. Danny showed he has a great chin and heart and fought a great fight but I still think Matthysse take him in a rematch. Danny doesn't want a rematch and his fans don't wan to see the rematch either because they know Danny caught a lucky break.

Comment

What the point of a rematch? We know who won, I don't care for it now until both have gone and face other challenges, then a rematch would make more sense for both fighters down the line, there is no hurry to be honest.

Comment

Matthysse? That bum still alive?

Comment

Wait!!!

Lucas was suppose to win anyways by round 3 via vicious KO.....right???

Buahahahaha..........

Comment

Originally posted by whitealltrac View Post
                Wait!!!

Lucas was suppose to win anyways by round 3 via vicious KO.....right???

Buahahahaha..........
                Yea and then they are now calling the guy that won lucky and making excuses about how he won, making excuses about how he doesn't want a rematch lol.. You can make this shet up. This was a fight that we never thought Matthyse would need an immediate rematch for, like you said he was suppose to destroy Garcia according to all this plebs but now they want a rematch and now because Garcia says "He doesn't want it" it meant him and his fans knew he got out of jail.....hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  It wasnt the closed eye that changed the fight, it was Garcia's holding anytime he got close
                  Garcia wasn't getting through cleanly while Matthysse could see, his shots were mostly blocked and he was down a couple of rounds. He got through far more regularly from the 7th round onwards.

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                  the outcome of the bradley v provo fight has nothing to do with where it took place

pat russell, a usually excellent ref, simply missed some key things
                  Some "things" like 2 knockdowns and a possible TKO. Provodnikov might've had a couple more 10-8 rounds on the cards too were he the home fighter.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 10-21-2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

The Weebler I is crying non stop....

I wonder how he's gonna act when Karass beats Thurman.

Comment

It's just as likely that with two fully functioning eyes, Matthysse runs into a punch he didn't see and gets sparked. The answer is no one knows for certain. We only know what DID happen and anything else is supposition.

Those reaching with this question might as well ask: "What would've happened if Danny Garcia didn't try and punch Lucas Matthysse in the face?"

It sounds stupid because it is stupid.
                      Last edited by Marvellous1; 10-21-2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X