Lennox Lewis Rating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 3 on resume and accomplishments.

Comment

He fought everybody. Not too many guys you can put over him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hands of Iron View Post
        #3, Tezel.

Only Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis and Larry Holmes beat more rated Heavyweight contenders/champions, and Lewis' opposition was better than both Louis and Holmes in my view. JL is pretty much ahead based on achievement.

Great Heavyweights vs Top 10 Opposition (sorted by wins):

Muhammad Ali: 32-5
        Joe Louis: 30-3
        Larry Holmes: 20-5
        Lennox Lewis: 15-2-1
        Mike Tyson: 13-4
        Rocky Marciano: 11-0
        Evander Holyfield: 11-7-2
        Joe Frazier: 10-4
        Sonny Liston: 8-4
        George Foreman: 7-5
        Good to hear from you Hands . Stalking my ass lol.

I do agree that his opposition is superior to both Louis & Holmes. IMO His two wins over Holyfield (I believe he won the first fight) rank the highest in terms of names on his resume, although past his peak I believe Holyfield was still of the elite (but dropped off soon after). I understand that Tyson was by no means the menacing man in his prime but I think Manny Steward justifies it well: "He had beaten everyone of this era except Mike Tyson. When he turned professional it was always Mike Tyson, Mike Tyson even when he lost it was Mike Tyson, Mike Tyson." Even if most Boxing analysts and hardcore fans realized that Mike was shot, he need to answer that question. You can imagine if by a miracle he lost and what repercussions that would have on his career at that time.

Manny Steward rated him at #6 All Time but Top 3 sounds fine; beat every man and avenged both defeats to come out on top. Oh, one other thing:

TKO6!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Being in a top twenty five considering all the heavyweights that have fought should be a huge accomplishment and I think it is! It means he can mix it up with the top twenty five!
          I think Louis, Dempsey, Ali, Marciano, Holmes, Johnson are the elite heavies but the top twenty five are their competitors and that means anything can happen when your dealing with heavyweights! No one can tell me that Joe Louis is going to beat Ali 10 out of 10 times, its not happening! So the rest of the big boys can loose, big deal!!! I'm the only one on this forum that understands a lose is just a set back and is meaningless if its to a quality fighter, especially in the heavyweight division! Te greatest fighter that ever lived lost some fights, big deal!! I think Lewis is a competitor in any era thats a big compliment from me!
          I saw him box Tyson when they were kids so I know what he's all about!!

Ray Corso

Why do you even come here?

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
            Lennox Lewis destroyed careers. That's what he did.

They weren't nobodies leading into the Lewis fight, but coming out of the Lewis fight they became nobodies...
            Michael Grant was on his way to an ATG Career. Grant was a 6'8 super freak and had the most surreal abilities known to man. He was a giant that had amazing power and great foot speed. Lewis DESTROYED him and Grant went on to do nothing. Why? Lewis took his soul.

Golota was on his way to an ATG career. He DESTROYED Bowe, but after Lennox he became officially shot. Lewis took his soul.

Tua was on his way to an ATG Career, but Lewis dominated him and ended his dreams.

Ruddock was on his way to a ATG Career, but Lennox knocked him out and Ruddock was never the same.

Zeijko Marovic was an iron chin Eastern European God and was undefeated. Lennox beat him so bad he had cancer and had to retire. He would have gone on to an Hall of Fame career. Great fighter.

Lewis stopped 4 potential ATG'S and one Hall of Famer, Not to mention he dominated another ACTUAL ATG, tko6ed a 2nd, and knocked out a third.

Lennox Lewis is a great champion and you will show respect.
            This guy is like Domination except he loves Lennox

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
              Yeah, but when he starts making threats he's crossed the line.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Yeah, but when he starts making threats he's crossed the line.

Poet
                Is that why we no longer see him around these parts? I wondered where he went.

Comment

Is that why we no longer see him around these parts? I wondered where he went.
                  DOMINATION got banned for spamming NSB I believe. The threat I was talking about was from earlier in this thread >>>>>

Originally posted by FightScorer
                  Shut your wet mouth before I **** it.
                  You god damn imbecile.

Comment

Ah, I see.

BTW, it is very nice to know you and JAB are still around this forum. I've learned much from you two guru's.

Comment

Ah, I see.

BTW, it is very nice to know you and JAB are still around this forum. I've learned much from you two guru's.
                      Thanks! I don't post as much as I once did but I think that has probably more to do with how slow Boxing Scene has been the last couple of months

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X