No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Adrien Broner *would look like Roy vs Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Adrien Broner *would look like Roy vs Floyd

I can't wait until this fight happens! This would be equivalent to Roy Jones Jr vs Floyd Mayweather Jr style wise. Its going to happen don't know what weight it will take place at but I will be attending live.
    Yuriorkis Gamboa
    57.41%
    Adrien Broner
    18.52%
    Boxing
    24.07%

It wouldn't look like Roy vs Floyd at all (in the sense Gamboa fights nothing like Roy Jones).

Right now, I have Gamboa winning.

Comment

As much as I do not like either fighter, I'm pretty sure broner ko's gamboa. He is far bigger & i'd presume he's too strong as well.

Comment

I voted Gamboa to win. All four fighters have speed and skill but they are all different. Gamboa has to do more to rate with Floyd and Roy and Broner has not done much at all yet.

Comment

Broner makes shortboa look like a amateur

Comment

It'll happen at 135 late summer 2013. Let Gamboa have 2 fights coming back first.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
              Broner makes shortboa look like a amateur
              Based on the fact that Broner has beaten world beaters himself?

Comment

Gamboa is a better fighter than Broner but I give Broner the advantage based on size.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  As much as I do not like either fighter, I'm pretty sure broner ko's gamboa. He is far bigger & i'd presume he's too strong as well.
                  Explain.

Gamboa's bigger than Ponce, stronger and faster. Broner is bigger and stronger than Ponce and yet failed to bully Ponce. Or triangle theories don't work in this type of scenario either? Or Broner has improved ever since?

Let me further add to this. Broner has struggled vs Ponce and Quintero (a very green fighter), both fighters who brought the fight to Broner and got him out of his comfort zone. From Ponce on, look at the type of fighters he has fought. Not very Big punchers and people who he was able to bully and back down. Do you think Gamboa will let himself be taken advantage of? Ive been saying this for a while, Team Broner been running from aggressive fighters who will make him get out of that comfort zone and someone who can check that chin. And Gamboa will definitely do that (get him out of his comfort zone) with his speed and footwork.
                  Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 07-30-2012, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Explain.

Gamboa's bigger than Ponce, stronger and faster. Broner is bigger and stronger than Ponce and yet failed to bully Ponce. Or triangle theories don't work in this type of scenario either? Or Broner has improved ever since?
                    How old was Gamboa when he fought ponce? Broner was 20 And yes broner has improved since then

Comment

Working...
                    X