Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is it possible for fighters to rehydrate 15-20lbs on fight night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dambala View Post
    That's why I think boxing should go back to the fight day weight-in.
    CO-SIGN!!!!!

That's exactly why 24 hour pre-fight weigh-ins are a joke.

If a fighter has to dehydrate himself to the point of needing IV's post-weigh-in then he's NOT at the correct fighting weight. Anybody can drain themselves to make a particular weight - But when it is done to gain a weight advantage in fights, it should be considered illegal.

Weigh the fighters on fight night and guarantee that the fight is both fair and within the rules for weight classes. Allowing a fighter to fight at WW when he always comes into the ring as a MW is totally unfair and should be regulated by the so-called commission.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
      that's more dangerous. that means they're going into the fight dehydrated.
      Or they wont dehydrate too much and fight at a more natural weightclass.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
        in theory, yeah, that would be a lot better. but i think people will do anything to make the weight. i think that's the whole reason they moved the weigh in back 24 hours. it saved more lives

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
          you guys do realize that people were dehydrating themself BEFORE when it was fight day weigh in right?

this is what happens.

people still dehydrate the same amount as they do with day before weigh ins.

only difference is people don't get a whole day to rehydrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay Puft View Post
            you guys do realize that people were dehydrating themself BEFORE when it was fight day weigh in right?

this is what happens.

people still dehydrate the same amount as they do with day before weigh ins.

only difference is people don't get a whole day to rehydrate.
            Okay. That raises another question; How the hell could fighter back then(or today) rehydrate 15-20 pounds in less then a day.
            Last edited by AllEyesOpen; 02-21-2010, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Bump.

still didin't get an answer to my last question.

Comment

Working...
              X