Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn fears that Deontay Wilder Will Reject Offer Of Dillian Whyte Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Hearn pays Wilder 3 million, but Wilder has to pay Stiverne 500k to step aside, and Wilder still has Stiverne hanging over his head afterward, and gains nothing from beating Whyte, what was the point?

This is classic promoter grandstanding by Hearn. I don't blame him. He's doing his job. Getting Whyte some free publicity.

But it makes absolutely no sense for Wilder to fight Whyte next and Hearn knows that.

If Wilder can't get Parker to unify in his next fight, it's best to get Stiverne out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
      How are you Wilder fans gonna sugar coat this??? WIDLER IS DUCKING WHYTE AND AJ!

You cant say they offered him less money.. $4mil would be his highest payday
      You cant say Whyte is a bum.. He's gonna fight Stiverne instead! Do you guys consider Stiverne an elite HW?
      You cant say he wants AJ.. HearN confirmed the winner gets a shot at AJ!

DEONTAY "DUCKSQUAD" WILDER!!
      How is he ducking AJ ROFL. AJ has to fight Wlad.

And as we've discussed 34230985430953459783450345 times, this fight does nothing for Deontay. No belt. Doesn't build his name in the US. Not necessary to get AJ fight. AJ fight will be in US, so no need to build his name in the UK. Has a mando hanging over his head.

What would be the point

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        His team won't put him in with anyone until they cash him out V AJ.

Even a bum like whyte is a risk.

Stirverne rematch and then he'll be out for another 6 months with another injury, then get knocked out agaisnt AJ next year.
        So now Dillian Whyte is a somebody? What the hell has he done that Wilder should feel threatened by?

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Stiverne is his mandatory and needs to be taken care of. What don't you get about that? The Joshua fight isn't going away as long as Wilder sticks around winning and Whyte fight will also be there if Joshua needs to to take care of other things.

The WBC belt is what has Wilder in the picture he needs to keep that above all else, as long as he has that belt he needs to be dealt with. Dropping the belt to fight Whyte would be a terrible idea for his long term prospects.

I hate that the WBC mandated Stiverne but it is what it is at this point and should just be taken care of before anything else so things can progress more smoothly in a better direction.

No one is ducking Whyte he is no where close to good enough to even entertain those kinds of thoughts.
          The WBC has already approved a Stiverne step-aside to make way for Whyte-Wilder.

Got anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            So now Dillian Whyte is a somebody? What the hell has he done that Wilder should feel threatened by?
            Can you read? i literally said the complete opposite of that

Comment

Whyte has fought better opposition than wilder has. How embarrassing is that?

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
                Whyte has fought better opposition than wilder has. How embarrassing is that?
                Oh really like who?

Comment

Can you read? i literally said the complete opposite of that
                  My bad. Read the first sentence then kinda lost my ****.

Comment

My bad. Read the first sentence then kinda lost my ****.
                    lol. all good

btw where the hell is ortiz?
                    drops out of the rossy fight and there hasnt been a peep out of him since? dudes time is running out fast.
                    surely his team should be all over social media, calling out wilder? bizarre.

Comment

lol. all good

btw where the hell is ortiz?
                      drops out of the rossy fight and there hasnt been a peep out of him since? dudes time is running out fast.
                      surely his team should be all over social media, calling out wilder? bizarre.
                      I don't even know who's promoting him. He was with Eddie Hearn but that was on a fight by fight basis. I don't know what his deal is.

Comment

Working...
                      X