No announcement yet.

Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos - The Dream Match

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
    Hmmm, he didn't get outboxed. Frank Mir just hit him with a gigantic punch and Kongo got knocked down lol then Mir Submitted him.
    read, or watch a pre-fight interview with Frank. He tell you exactly why that punch worked so well and what the wrist twisting is all about. I agree there wasn't much boxing to it, but the reason the fight went the way it did has a lot to do with Mir's boxing being superior to Kongo's savate.

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
      It's a discussion forum you race mixing moron. That's what it's for...debate and discussion and argument.

Neither has Dos Santos.

Does a fighter have to do a backflip off the cage and land some sort of thrust kick to be legit?

Cain is the most well rounded fighter at HW today.
      You've made this assessment off of less than 30mins of fight footage...

Comment

Originally posted by NY Boxing! View Post
        Santos via KO.
        Another Reason Why Cain Is That Much Better!
        Last edited by photomane; 06-12-2011, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
          slow, unathletic, and immobile guy like Carwin.
          this might be true, but he's got a ****ing iron chin and it's not that easy to KTFO a guy like carwin.

i'm going with JDS.

Comment

damn, i like both fighters, can't really choose a better fight to be made, let alone watch. with that said, i seriously can't pick a definitive winner, i can see it going both ways. but since cain just got that belt, i'd like to see him keep it for a bit longer...can't wait for this.

Comment

It's a shame brock had his illness again he would have taken out JDS and had a chance at redemption.

Comment

JDS got this.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOne View Post
                  this might be true, but he's got a ****ing iron chin and it's not that easy to KTFO a guy like carwin.
                  Agreed. But again Cain's movement, footwork and athleticism is going to make it very hard for Junior to land very much. If he can't knock out a guy plodding and standing right in front of him, how is he going to do it to a guy who is going never going to be standing still

And if JDS thinks he's going to be able to bully and stalk Cain and walk him down like he has everyone else, he's sorely mistaken.

Comment

Good striker vs good striker.

Great wrestler vs great TDD and BJJ.

Good cardio vs GREAT cardio.

Smart fighter with a mean streak vs mean fighter with ring smarts.

Great matchup with two very, very well rounded guys.

Big question here is how much will the layoff affect Cain, both in terms of ring rust and how it will affect him physically (will he be capable of the same)?

I think Cain is naturally more talented and a more skilled guy overall (not that JDS isn't just that Cain is scarily good) but he's coming off a big layoff. JDS is on a physical and mental high and his career has a lot of momentum right now.

I love both guys so this is gonna be bittersweet eitherway!

Comment

cain will be coming in off an injury with lots of ring rust, i don't think his cardio will be as good as before. even if he'd never got hurt, i think JDS beats him, and junior would have handed lesnar his ass if that fight had happened

Comment

Working...
                      X