Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can’t we acknowledge that there’s an argument for multiple fighters to be #1 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
    Linares was on many top 10 p4p lists and hadn’t lost in six years when he fought Lomachenko.

Gary Russell Jr. is a huge win and clearly better than 95% of the people on Canelo’s resume.

Salido is a three time featherweight champion who has wins over many former world champions and multiple for top 10 p4p fighters. That was Lomachenko’s second professional fight.

Crawford and Inoue don’t have big names but they’re both undefeated three division champions who have completed dominated the competition.
    Linares was koed by Salgado in 1 round! He was koed by Terrazas 2 mediocre fighters in the prime of his career!...And dont try to make Salido an elite fighter because he is not also that was a Salido that had fought many years and wars that it was Lomachenko's 2nd pro fight is his problem. His best win is Gary. And you say Crawford and Inoue are undefeated and champs in multiple divisions but you say haven't fought big names?...well maybe thats why they're undefeated!...Inoue just fought a good fighter and although way passed his better days gave him all he could handle...thats what happens when you fight good opposition.

Comment

I don’t care about Linares’ knockout losses. He hadn’t lost in six years, was a champ at lightweight and in many top p4p lists. That’s a high quality win and a better win than everyone on Canelo’s resume outside of GGG.

If we’re going to play the game you’re playing, Jacobs was knocked out by Quillan, Kovalev has been knocked out in half of his recent fights, Trout recently got a miracle draw he didn’t deserve, Lara is going to war with guys who aren’t anywhere near elite, GGG should have lost to SD, etc.

Linares is a great win.

Salido is a three time featherweight champion. Half of his losses came before he was 23 and 85% of that half came before he was 20. He’s beaten multiple top 10 p4p fighters.

Canelo Alavrez fought to a draw with someone who finished their career at like 6-28. But I don’t hold that against him because it was like his 13th pro fight. I’m not holding a loss to Salido against Lomachenko either.

If Gary Russell Jr. is Lomachenko’s best win, it’s a damn good beat win.

Crawford and Inoue don’t have big names but they absolutely destroy everyone at a level no one can match. That’s why they’re high up there and I don’t judge anyone who thinks they’re 1 or 2 on a p4p list.

Worst case scenario, Inoue beat Donaire 116-111. That fight wasn’t close and it wasn’t all he could handle.

Originally posted by dukesville View Post
      Linares was koed by Salgado in 1 round! He was koed by Terrazas 2 mediocre fighters in the prime of his career!...And dont try to make Salido an elite fighter because he is not also that was a Salido that had fought many years and wars that it was Lomachenko's 2nd pro fight is his problem. His best win is Gary. And you say Crawford and Inoue are undefeated and champs in multiple divisions but you say haven't fought big names?...well maybe thats why they're undefeated!...Inoue just fought a good fighter and although way passed his better days gave him all he could handle...thats what happens when you fight good opposition.

Comment

Yea, Canelo is clearly #1 and Loma is #2

Crawford can stay behind them, until he fights and beats Spence

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
          Boxing Scene should have a fantasy section. That's where P4P should belong and so should fantasy fights such as Pacquiao VS Duran, or Lomachenko VS Wilder, ....or Noaye VS Godzilla (The Battle of Japan).
          Thank you. I don't respect anybody who says they have a P4P list.

As you say, it's all utter fantasy and idiotic. It's like saying, if Loma was a heavyweight, he'd beat both Tyson and Usyk. No. I have Loma getting KTFO in both. How can I put him above them? We have never seen Loma perform at heavy.

Right now, for example, I have Davis KOing Loma. How could I have Loma as #1? They are the same size as well, no fantasy.

That said, you can have a list of current best fighters. Still, your list isn't better than the next guy's or girl's. It's who you like.
          Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 11-13-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

I don’t care about Linares’ knockout losses. He hadn’t lost in six years, was a champ at lightweight and in many top p4p lists. That’s a high quality win and a better win than everyone on Canelo’s resume outside of GGG.

If we’re going to play the game you’re playing, Jacobs was knocked out by Quillan, Kovalev has been knocked out in half of his recent fights, Trout recently got a miracle draw he didn’t deserve, Lara is going to war with guys who aren’t anywhere near elite, GGG should have lost to SD, etc.

Linares is a great win.

Salido is a three time featherweight champion. Half of his losses came before he was 23 and 85% of that half came before he was 20. He’s beaten multiple top 10 p4p fighters.

Canelo Alavrez fought to a draw with someone who finished their career at like 6-28. But I don’t hold that against him because it was like his 13th pro fight. I’m not holding a loss to Salido against Lomachenko either.

If Gary Russell Jr. is Lomachenko’s best win, it’s a damn good beat win.

Crawford and Inoue don’t have big names but they absolutely destroy everyone at a level no one can match. That’s why they’re high up there and I don’t judge anyone who thinks they’re 1 or 2 on a p4p list.

Worst case scenario, Inoue beat Donaire 116-111. That fight wasn’t close and it wasn’t all he could handle.
            Kovalev lost to top dogs Linares got beat by mediocre opponents! And you really think Linares is better than Jacobs, Kovalev or Cotto? And the difficulties Lara, Golovkin and Trout are having are after canelo fought them! What I said about Salido and Linares are before their fights with Lomachenko you really can't tell the difference?... And Donaire did give Inoue all he could handle he had him wobbly and holding on and reports say he broke Inoue's orbital and nose! A well past it Donaire did that. It is what it is man not what you wish was.

Comment

Boxing Scene should have a fantasy section. That's where P4P should belong and so should fantasy fights such as Pacquiao VS Duran, or Lomachenko VS Wilder, ....or Noaye VS Godzilla (The Battle of Japan).
              Great post, bro. Green K.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                Thank you. I don't respect anybody who says they have a P4P list.

As you say, it's all utter fantasy and idiotic. It's like saying, if Loma was a heavyweight, he'd beat both Tyson and Usyk. No. I have Loma getting KTFO in both. How can I put him above them? We have never seen Loma perform at heavy.

Right now, for example, I have Davis KOing Loma. How could I have Loma as #1? They are the same size as well, no fantasy.

That said, you can have a list of current best fighters. Still, your list isn't better than the next guy's or girl's. It's who you like.
                Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                Great post, bro. Green K.
                Tank is an excellent fighter. I'd love to see him and Loma fight each other! It would be a VERY interesting fight. Sometimes I feel like I'm outta place on Boxing Scene because I like opposing fighters from different sides of the street. I like both Tank and Loma ...and I like both Wilder and Joshua....and I kind of like Tyson Fury too...although Fury is so schizophrenic that I don't know what to think of him sometimes.

Thanks for the green K.

Comment

Canelo Alvarez has the best resume but is always in a 50-50 fight, many of which could have gone the other way.

Vasyl Lomachenko has the next best resume and one that’s close to Canelo’s, but has dominated almost everyone he’s fought.

Terence Crawford and Nayoe Inoue don’t have big names on their resume but they have never been challenged and look the most impressive in victory.

All have titles in at least three different weight classes.

Pick whoever you like, who cares? None of those four answers are biased or awful.

Why can’t we just accept this? Why does it always seem to get personal with insults and trash talk?
                  Six guys have rightfull claims.

Alvarez, Spence, Lomachenko, Crawford, Inoue, and Usyk.

Order the six however you prefer, any knowledgeable fan knows that that's the cream, full stop.

Comment

Tank is an excellent fighter. I'd love to see him and Loma fight each other! It would be a VERY interesting fight. Sometimes I feel like I'm outta place on Boxing Scene because I like opposing fighters from different sides of the street. I like both Tank and Loma ...and I like both Wilder and Joshua....and I kind of like Tyson Fury too...although Fury is so schizophrenic that I don't know what to think of him sometimes.

Thanks for the green K.
                    The heavyweights, I only like Tyson Fury right now, because of his skills and most importantly his crazy personality. For me, between boxing skills and blind brawling like Wilder, I'd always take the skills first.

I hear ya. I also like both Davis and Loma and Spence and Crawford. It's hard to choose a side, but if they fight soon, I'd root for Davis and be watching the other neutrally (not sure Spence will ever box again, sad).

Cheers

Comment

Btw I realized I came on strong and probably sounded like a huge dick here, but I exaggerate for effect. Everyone by all means knock themselves out with this stuff for "entertainment purposes", but p4p is just by its very nature ultimately not something to really hang your hat on entirely. That and don't act like your personal p4p was carved in stone with a lightning bolt by god himself when it's something so inherently disputable. Once you get beyond "these 10 guys really tower over most everyone else" (or really about 6 as someone pointed out), things can get dicey and frankly, stupid imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X