No announcement yet.

The worst referees in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst referees in history?

Obviously when I say "history", I'm talking the NSB version of history, ie. AM (After Maiii).

And, despite ShoulderRoll's bias,no British referees can be included in this. British referees are the most impartial refs in the world. They give a British fighter chance to recover, they're accused of letting the count drag on too long... they stop a foreign fighter before the ten count is up, they're accused of stopping it too early. They can't do right in some peoples' eyes. All I know is, Peter Manfredo Jr's family thank Terry O'Connor every Thanksgiving for saving their son's life.

But for some reason, years ago, the phrase "Jady Nady is a cunt" never entered my head. These days if I watch archive fights that Nady refereed, I find I'm seeing more Jay Nady than the boxers themselves. He's a right arsehole. How can you enjoy Mayorga letting Forrest unload on his chin, when Nady steals the limelight?

I used to like Smoger, too, before he pushed that Hopkins opponent in the face... shockingly unprofessional.

I'm just starting the converse, throwing it open....

Carlos Takam is lucky that Phil Edwards let him live another day, innit?

Comment

The guy that carried cleverly back to his corner after he was already KO’d, that was one of the worst ones.

Comment

Joe Cortez.

See Soto-Lorenzo and Mayweather-Hatton. I'm sure there's others.

Comment

Joe Cortez, aka Floyd's guardian angel. Wouldn't let Hatton fight on the inside. Lost control of the Ortiz fight.

Any ref who didn't take a point from Ward or Hopkins for fouls.

Comment

...still don't know how Tony Weeks isn't on the list.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...58&postcount=1

Comment

Why is this in the lounge? Isn't this for non-boxing topics?

Daft Coont

Comment

that fair but firm cvnt takes it

nady was useless, couldnt be bothered

i didnt like that smurf capucino

mills set the bar high (RIP)

Comment

It was Karo Murat that Smoger pushed.

Terrible reffing that night.

I'm sure at one point he actually said "You alright, Bern?" Just randomly out the blue not even after a foul.

Comment

The ref that let Abner Mares keep punching Joseph Agbeko in the nuts.

Comment

Working...
                    X