Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather's Own Trend Backfire on Him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mayweather's Own Trend Backfire on Him?

I honestly thought Badou Jack beat DeGale a few nights ago and that the draw wasn't horrible, but I could see Jack taking 7 or maybe even 8 of the rounds. So when Mayweather freaked out after the fight, I can understand that. After DeGale AND Bute, Jack can't seem to get a fair shake.

However, given that there is sometimes a trend to score for guys who use a lot more movement as having ring generalship although that has nothing to do with it and given that it's possible Mayweather's own popularity had to do with this trend even starting, did his own trend backfire on his fighter, given that Jack is a come forward aggressive guy and DeGale is the one who moves and backs up a lot more and seemed to get the benefit of the doubt for that fight?

who knows. judging boxing makes no sense at all. you can outbox a guy when hes landing the cleaner punches on you. how? i dont know...

Comment

Scoring is subjective. It really is whatever the three judges like, from fight to fight.

Comment

No I think Jack won his rounds more emphatically and inflicted more damage so it gave the appearance that he won the fight. But when you analyze the fight on a round by round basis and add up the points it's a close fight that could've gone either way.

Jack won the fight but not the boxing match. Decision was fair.

Comment

It was a draw in a close fight..nothing more nothing less

Comment

Judges have preconceived bias and apply stereotypes. Ward was the sweet science guy, for example. Kovalev was the brawler who can only win by KO. Otherwise, the sweet science guy wins.

In this case they saw Badou as the brawler. There you go.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
              It was a draw in a close fight..nothing more nothing less

it was only close if you don't pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                No I think Jack won his rounds more emphatically and inflicted more damage so it gave the appearance that he won the fight. But when you analyze the fight on a round by round basis and add up the points it's a close fight that could've gone either way.

Jack won the fight but not the boxing match. Decision was fair.
                Trenchant analysis here.
                Plus, WTF. Floyd isn't the first person to use that style or win with that style. Fighters won with it long before follicle stimulating hormone initiated his production.

Comment

Mayweather is behind 9/11 too, google 9/11 and the Mayweathers

Comment

Jack kicked his a$$ and proved he's much better than everyone thought and should've won FOTY!

A guy who basically is an underdog in 3 out of his last 4 fights says it all and IMO he won them all!

Degale hit lots of gloves and forearms(he should've threw the uppercut more) those flashy punches dazzled the judges!

While he was dazzling them, Jack was going to work downstairs and it paid dividends late then he started to really punish Degale around the 9th round onwards(except the last 20 secs of the last round, Degale showed his grit and heart by fighting back and backing up Badou).

IMO, it was a classic fight and i will watch it again down the line, Badou Jack is the new Maintenance Man, a guy who just puts in work and doesn't stop!

Rematch at 175? Degale gets stopped this time, dont think Jack will gas like he did at 168!
                    Last edited by Squ□redCircle34; 01-17-2017, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X