Gennady golovkins greatness Pro boxers AND trainers give their take on ggg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    Spot on.

You know damn well most of Golovkin's detractors are Floyd fans, just look at this forum.

Of course some criticism is justified, but most of them are hating on him for reasons other than boxing. Just look at the dumb ass TS who creates multiple GGG threads a week or posts videos from a known racist'.
    say what you want about me...im consistent....GGG is a good fighter with a lacking resume with all his hype

deal with it...cant take pro fighters and trainers who are more qualified to discuss the topic?

get out of your feelings....he is a good fighter, hasnt proven enough to be called great and you cant argue otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Why is this? Gamboa sucks at 135, see every fight he's had at that weight.
      Because no matter how you look at it (resume, p4p, eye test, etc), Gamboa is a better fighter than anyone on g strings resume.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        say what you want about me...im consistent....GGG is a good fighter with a lacking resume with all his hype

deal with it...cant take pro fighters and trainers who are more qualified to discuss the topic?

get out of your feelings....he is a good fighter, hasnt proven enough to be called great and you cant argue otherwise
        I've said what I think about you many times, you're in love with Floyd and hate Golovkin. Daily threads about them are a prove of that, and I can't imagine I'm the only one who thinks that.

If you can't figure out that Doante's biased and so are his interviews then I don't know what to tell you.

And I'm not catching feelings, I've never called Golovkin great.

But you have and you apparently think he is great, because you keep posting idiotic threads trying to convince us and most likely yourself that he isn't.

You're a bigger fan of the guy than I am and you don't even know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          These flomos hate Golovkin so much. But people keep asking why and it's obvious why. He's the opposite to Floyd in too many ways.

1. He’s aggressive, Floyd is defensive.

2. He has power and knocks opponents out, Floyd decisions his opponents.

3. He’s pretty much inoffensive, Floyd is a heel constantly ****ting on people.

4. He’s relatively modest, Floyd is arrogant.

5. He’s white, Floyd is black.

6. He’s from a far away country with a funny name. Floyd is American, like them couldn’t find Kazakhstan on a map, and is proud of it.

7. He doesn’t speak English, Floyd sort of speaks English.

8. He dresses like a preppy, Floyd dresses like an extra in a hip-hop video.

It's not any one of these things, it's all of them put together. He represents something very different to Floyd, and so besotted are they with Floyd that praise for Golovkin is criticising Floyd in their eyes.
          9. He has never beaten an Alist opponent, Floyd faced quality opposition for the better part of 15 years

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
            Because no matter how you look at it (resume, p4p, eye test, etc), Gamboa is a better fighter than anyone on g strings resume.
            I don't think hes been p4p a anything for years, since feather. My eye test tells me he sucks at 135. You must have missed his struggles with Darley Perez and Hylon Williams?

Comment

Golovkin dared to open his mouth, self promote himself and call out Floyd (boxing biggest star) even though this fight has never been realistic.

Golovkin hardcore fanboys are ******, that's true, and some of the hate Ward gets is because he's a threat to GGG, but Ward is also a hypocrite, a diva and a guy who's tried to drag SMW to LHW to fight him in his LHW debut. His 'Son of God' image is nice and all, but fake.

Is it fair? He gets criticized for fighting his mandatories, for wanting to fight boxing biggest stars in order to make a big buck, for ducking fighters who are not in his division...

Is that what you call a fair criticism? I call it unhealthy obsession.

You are right, but like I said in my response to Dunn, most of the criticism is idiotic and obsessive.

Roast him for calling out Ward and not fighting him after. But not for not fighting ****in Lara for example.
              That didn't make him a threat. That made him just like everyone else.

Then the backlash is against him opening his mouth, which frankly, is what you and others posted was the primary reason you hated Floyd, Broner etc.

Whether Ward's image is fake or not, he surely isn't Floyd or Broner yet gets called the exact same things.

DOn't be dishonest or disingenuous. He gets criticized for his choice of opponent AFTER he gets ducked. He also gets criticized for claiming unification when there have been several occasion when he showed more than a willingness to entertain fights that deviated from that path. Those are fair.

Very few criticize his skills, style or anything about him in the ring other than wanting to see him in with someone better so we can see those skills and talents.

He doesn't get 1/10th of what some others have gotten on NSB so why over exaggerate it and call it "unhealthy obsession"?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                I don't think hes been p4p a anything for years, since feather. My eye test tells me he sucks at 135. You must have missed his struggles with Darley Perez and Hylon Williams?
                and is still head and shoulders above anyone g string has fought, you're making my argument for me

Comment

I've said what I think about you many times, you're in love with Floyd and hate Golovkin. Daily threads about them are a prove of that, and I can't imagine I'm the only one who thinks that.

If you can't figure out that Doante's biased and so are his interviews then I don't know what to tell you.

And I'm not catching feelings, I've never called Golovkin great.

But you have and you apparently think he is great, because you keep posting idiotic threads trying to convince us and most likely yourself that he isn't.

You're a bigger fan of the guy than I am and you don't even know it.
                  hey genius...dont like the threads stop posting in them....I posted a video and didnt even leave a comment...woke up and checked out the comments this morning

....im not losing sleep, money or blessings because of your opinion of me...i couldnt care less...this is a boxing forum and you're just some guy on the internet to me, so your opinion means as much as a blip on the radar

i guess you missed the laila ali thread i posted yesterday, or the roy jones appreciation thread...I have a mayweather-castillo scoring thread up

are you a stalker? if you actually wanted see different threads ive made, you'll see

I also made a hopkins/Jones thread my bad you didnt see them, not my problem

Instead of playing damage control for GGG try reading and posting in other threads man

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                    and is still head and shoulders above anyone g string has fought, you're making my argument for me
                    No I'm not, idiot. I'm proving you wrong, duh

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      That didn't make him a threat. That made him just like everyone else.

Then the backlash is against him opening his mouth, which frankly, is what you and others posted was the primary reason you hated Floyd, Broner etc.

Whether Ward's image is fake or not, he surely isn't Floyd or Broner yet gets called the exact same things.

DOn't be dishonest or disingenuous. He gets criticized for his choice of opponent AFTER he gets ducked. He also gets criticized for claiming unification when there have been several occasion when he showed more than a willingness to entertain fights that deviated from that path. Those are fair.

Very few criticize his skills, style or anything about him in the ring other than wanting to see him in with someone better so we can see those skills and talents.

He doesn't get 1/10th of what some others have gotten on NSB so why over exaggerate it and call it "unhealthy obsession"?
                      The reason Floyd and Broner especially were hated is because they're out of ring personas were corny and obnoxious.

I've already said why Ward is hated, he thinks he's some big super star and demands to be treated like one, while the reality is completely different.

Golovkin has fought eight top 10 fighters in his division, just because he's much better than them it doesn't change the fact that they were top MWs.

And surely you can tell the difference between fighting PPV fighters with huge following like Carl Froch or JCC and fighting inactive at the time Andre Ward who's not a draw and just fought on BET.

It's all about money and you know it.

Comment

Working...
                      X