No announcement yet.

No tatoos/piercings for Cam Newton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    that's kinda ****ed up...how can owners dictate that?

if Cam already signed that contract, he should get a tattoo, grow his hair out and get piercings
    They probably made it a part of his contract. Some teams will add "image" clauses, where the athletes agree to keep a professional image. He should take the fine up the rear and go Denis Rodman on their ass.

Comment

I think it's ridiculous, how is the owner going to tell him what he can do to himself? if he doesn't want him drinking or taking drugs that's a different thing because that could jeopardize his play and therefore the team, but tattoo's and piercings? c'mon.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkz View Post
        I think it's ridiculous, how is the owner going to tell him what he can do to himself? if he doesn't want him drinking or taking drugs that's a different thing because that could jeopardize his play and therefore the team, but tattoo's and piercings? c'mon.
        The same way any company can implement dress codes and appearance standards.

Comment

Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
          But the "company" he works for already has a bunch of employees with tattoo's and piercings. Doesn't seem fair to only single Newton out.

Comment

exactly...howerver those dress standards are pushed on EVERYONE...not just the good employees

Comment

Originally posted by Monkz View Post
              But the "company" he works for already has a bunch of employees with tattoo's and piercings. Doesn't seem fair to only single Newton out.
              lol u slipped that in while i was typen

Comment

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
                exactly...howerver those dress standards are pushed on EVERYONE...not just the good employees
                The same thing happens in a lot of companies. If you have a tattoo before you are hired or before they implement the policy nothing can be done. He could have argued that stipulation in the contract before signing it. But, whats more important, having a job, or a tattoo?

Comment

The same thing happens in a lot of companies. If you have a tattoo before you are hired or before they implement the policy nothing can be done. He could have argued that stipulation in the contract before signing it. But, whats more important, having a job, or a tattoo?
                  lol def the millions are more important....i'm sure Cam would have them already bynow if he really wanted them...and i'm sure if he DOES want to grow his hair out..wouldnt b too big a deal no doubt...however i'd ask for more money if i were him...lol..jus me tho if they sayen i'm the face and i have to b perfect..then pay me....however i dont disagree with the OWNER asken him to do that ...he is the owner and he does sign the checks...lol..well mayb

Comment

So it's okay for the other teammates to do these things?

What kind of contract, rules, and policies does this team have. Sounds like a circus.

Comment

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
                      lol def the millions are more important....i'm sure Cam would have them already bynow if he really wanted them...and i'm sure if he DOES want to grow his hair out..wouldnt b too big a deal no doubt...however i'd ask for more money if i were him...lol..jus me tho if they sayen i'm the face and i have to b perfect..then pay me....however i dont disagree with the OWNER asken him to do that ...he is the owner and he does sign the checks...lol..well mayb
                      He could grow his hair out if he wanted to. I'm sure the penalty is a fine he can probably make easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X