Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you see Deontay vs Fury going? Whats your technical breakdown?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you see Deontay vs Fury going? Whats your technical breakdown?

How do you see the fight going?

If Fury wins how do you see him winning?

What does he have to do right, what tactics, what must he not do?

If Deontay wins how do you see him winning?

What does he have to do to win, what tactics, what must he not do?

Wilder hitting air and Fury outboxing him

Comment

Originally posted by MehdiQaos View Post
      Wilder hitting air and Fury outboxing him
      Well Fury is keen to force a KO instead of "letting it happen" as he boxes, so I think Deontay has an increased chance over last time of getting the KO if Fury does that and all else is equal.

If Fury imposed that gameplan.

Would the American judges really mess the score up 2 times in a row, surely the corruption was only because they wanted money for another fight and to protect a perfect record? Surely they cant do it 2 times in a row can they?

(I noticed with GGG canelo they scored the 1st fight corrupt and the 2nd fight right but that screwed GGG twice in a row, I think if GGG had won on points more decisively he would have been given a fair judge but man they shouldn't be doing this , I hope they replace these scum judges with technology )

Also Fury has to box and focus all nigth without a mistake Deontay only has to land one.

I can see why its not such a bad idea to force the action or boxing, Fury wants to get him out early so the probability of him having a lapse and getting caught or being unlucky and getting caught are less than over a long fight (not to mention avoiding scum judges)

BUT he takes alot of risk to force the action to get it done early also.

I suppose you can increase the speed of exchanges with pressure while still boxing, (but you are also comming into his punches more? not a good idea for a longer guy?) and Fury will be connecting alot more judging by last time, maybe too many times, for a Fury sided KO, so that tactic could be the optimal way , but so could boxing like last time and letting it happen, if it does.

What do you guys think Deontays tactics will be this time around, has he mentioned them in press? I didnt see any?

I saw a partial mention of gameplan by Deontay will try to find the video, this isnt it but its close

Yea it looks like the tactics for Deontay are the usual unrecognized but clever tactics like blinding/range finding with the jab to set up the right, distracting/concerning/drawing the left defenses with the left to set up the right, attacking by drawing him in stepping back then coming forward as the other guy does, messing with the guys focus/mind to get time to get the KO and probably others etc I havnt looked too closely )

BUT this time the specific tactics are probably trying to reopen the eye scar tissue, and hunting the body too he says there's lots of work to be done there on the body (quoting RJJ)

All smart tactics, its a sound gameplan or partial glimpse at his gameplan

Furies gameplan is questionable, because it may entail more risk.

[IMG][/IMG]

But at the same time boy has he got good guidance and a good coach in his corner it sounds all highly technical highly effective Kronk style tactics for getting the KO

I wonder how much difference it makes now Fury is more fit and has much less rust?

This is going to be a hell of a fight!!! The last one was a classic stunning, this one looks to be even more action packed
      Last edited by AlexKid; 01-17-2020, 05:35 AM.

Comment

When fury says he is going for the ko , in his mind he means hold centre of ring and not move to the ropes

Wilder will throw to furys body more. Wilder will take power off his shots and throw more earlier

Fury is defensively minded so he does not counter in between opponents shots

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          When fury says he is going for the ko , in his mind he means hold centre of ring and not move to the ropes

Wilder will throw to furys body more. Wilder will take power off his shots and throw more earlier

How does that work? Why is it more offensive to stay in the middle and less to go to the ropes?

You mean he will use less footwork? Less defense? Less backing off or footwork maneuvering?

Why would Wilder take power off his shots??
          Last edited by AlexKid; 01-17-2020, 05:42 AM.

Comment

I can see Fury outboxing Wilder early for about 6 rounds. But I think the first fight affected Fury more and Wilder will catch him earlier. Fury will suffer earlier knockdowns and if Wilder is in top shape will prevail around the tenth round.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkinchamp View Post
              I can see Fury outboxing Wilder early for about 6 rounds. But I think the first fight affected Fury more and Wilder will catch him earlier. Fury will suffer earlier knockdowns and if Wilder is in top shape will prevail around the tenth round.
              LOL it takes more than 1 knockdown/KO to go chinny , it takes many of them, I dont think theres any lasting significant damage?

I suppos ethat can happen actually remembering wanderlei vs cro cop but I think Fury is a different kinda guy he is extremely robust, big head, just big strong and able to take it
              Last edited by AlexKid; 01-17-2020, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

I think that is just strategy to fool Wilder when he said that. He will run and avoid Wilder which is the smart strategy. Fury is trying to make Wilder think he is going to be aggressive, we seen fighters say things like this before fights.

Comment

The notion Fury has to run away and box is misleading. People acting like Wilder knocked him down every time he hit him just didn’t happen ,he only got the knock downs when Fury was off balance and not looking where his head was down other then that he mocked Wilder when taking clean shots in an up right stance .

The knockdowns were late as well ,if a fitter Fury stuns him again multiple times I expect a stoppage and that’s far more reasonable then Fury going down and having to take a direct punch for 12 rounds because he will .

Mistakes people are making in favor of Wilder .

A . Fury will be throwing punches to .

B. Furys offense shuts down his chances of getting hurt by a good 80% .

C. Furys training camp ,like last time will have the superior preparation in terms of in ring tactics with top notch guys ,Wilder will have to find guys to mimic Fury and even Ivan Dychko didn’t help much last time because of Wilders limited skills .

D. Mocking the Otto Wallin fight in a fight that by far would have helped Fury for this one ,it’s a fight he needed to get him to actually work hard in the ring something Wilder can’t do because he’s not a high volume puncher who grinds you down he just waits for openings.

Wilders ace is the actual chance of opening a cut early on Fury but will he land enough on it and do you put money on a hope blood goes into Furys eye to win a fight ? No you don’t ,no one does .

I see Fury fighting in close quarters taking away Wilders wild swinging with high volume combinations at times making Wilder miss from distance going in and repeat , this will be done when Wilder covers up from Furys jab that he can’t defend and Fury will go to work on him and end it by round 8 with more aggression .

Wilder can win if Fury let’s him start to land body shots to set up over hand rights and that means out boxing Fury which just isn’t going to happen, worst case is Fury starts leaning on him on inside and using rough tactics to shut that down ,if this does go 12 I think Fury wins more clearly this time where he can’t be robbed .

There’s not much to say about Wilder , the fight rests on what Fury does or doesn’t do to win . He could simply move around for 12 behind a jab and play it safe , ducking in close range like last time wasn’t exactly doing that ,he cost himself the fight and he knows that .
                  Last edited by REDEEMER; 01-17-2020, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                    LOL it takes more than 1 knockdown/KO to go chinny , it takes many of them, I dont think theres any lasting significant damage?
                    Wilder needs multiple knockdowns to stop fighters? Even though I thought Fury won, he knows that he was closer to being knocked out than ever before. He has to have that on his mind still. That can affect a fighter more than losing rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X