Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Vows: This Will Be Manny Pacquaio's Last Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Nah, I think Oscar's main target was the Mayweather rematch! He hoped to use Pacquiao as "See, I still have it! I just beat one of the P4P best fighters in the game!" He also wanted to get payback for Manny double-signing with GBP and TR!

De La Hoya vs. Cotto? It’s not likely

January 12, 2008:

Promoter Bob Arum had hoped that Oscar De La Hoya’s next fight would be against Miguel Cotto, who is promoted by Arum. But Arum said Friday that fight is not going to happen because De La Hoya is going to take on Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a rematch of their record-breaking fight last May, which was won by Mayweather via split decision.

“That fight is a done deal,” Arum said at Los Angeles’ Olvera Street, where he played host to a news conference promoting a fight between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Jose Celaya on Feb. 9 in Mexico.

Arum said there was never a real chance De La Hoya was going to fight Cotto, a hard-hitting world welterweight champion from Puerto Rico. Moreover, he said there were never any discussions between himself and Richard Schaefer, CEO of De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions.

“I don’t think Oscar really wanted to fight Cotto,” Arum said. “I think he used a possible fight with Cotto to put leverage on Mayweather in their negotiations. I knew it wasn’t going to happen because the truth is, if Oscar fought Cotto, he’d be in for a serious beating.

“And with Mayweather, he just plays around. It’s not a real … nobody gets hurt.”

https://www.dailynews.com/2008/01/12...ts-not-likely/

It is what Oscar said himself.

So you prefer to believe that before Pacquiao's 2nd fight with Marquez Oscar was eying to fight Pacquiao at 147lbs.

Arum also claimed in the article that Mayweather vs Oscar rematch was a done deal.

Maybe Bob was lying to you today.

We know Oscar was planning to move to 147lbs while Pacquiao was at superfeather.

He said he wanted to fight Cotto as well

But you believe Bob who told you a lie about the Oscar Mayweather rematch and has said he lies about things publicly.

OK....

Comment

If you believe Thurman is best, feel free! Please have that same energy when Spence breaks Thurman down in 8!
      when that happens, then spence will be the best, until that happens, thurman is the best. i mean this is going by your own logic!!! who the fook has spence beat at 147 again? again, going by your own logic!

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        It is what Oscar said himself.

So you prefer to believe that before Pacquiao's 2nd fight with Marquez Oscar was eying to fight Pacquiao at 147lbs.

Arum also claimed in the article that Mayweather vs Oscar rematch was a done deal.

Maybe Bob was lying to you today.

We know Oscar was planning to move to 147lbs while Pacquiao was at superfeather.

He said he wanted to fight Cotto as well

But you believe Bob who told you a lie about the Oscar Mayweather rematch and has said he lies about things publicly.

OK....
        Oscar was never "eyeing" Pacquiao! Pacquiao was supposed to be a low-risk, high reward fight, to get the rematch with Mayweather! Cherry-pick gone wrong! Oscar should've known his azz couldn't make 147! If anything, had Oscar beat Manny at 147, I could see him telling Floyd "Give me a rematch, and i'll fight you at 147, since you came to 154!" However, Manny killed all that!

Comment

• Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
          when that happens, then spence will be the best, until that happens, thurman is the best. i mean this is going by your own logic!!! who the fook has spence beat at 147 again? again, going by your own logic!
          If this fight (Pacquiao) was happening after Thurman beat Garcia in 2017, I would totally agree with you! However, this is 2019, and Thurman looked like azz in January!

Comment

If this fight (Pacquiao) was happening after Thurman beat Garcia in 2017, I would totally agree with you! However, this is 2019, and Thurman looked like azz in January!
            thurman came back from a 2 year lay off and won that fight. so i guess 1 bad performance mean he's done? LOL!!! like i said, until spence fight and beat thurman then he's not consider the best! i mean this is going by your own logic!

Comment

thurman came back from a 2 year lay off and won that fight. so i guess 1 bad performance mean he's done? LOL!!! like i said, until spence fight and beat thurman then he's not consider the best! i mean this is going by your own logic!
              Going by my logic, when you're out for 2 years, and you come back looking like azz, I can't consider you to be the "best!" If Floyd announces tomorrow that he's coming back, I can't say he's the "best" WW! If Andre Ward comes back to LHW next month, I can't say he's the "best" LHW!

Comment

Going by my logic, when you're out for 2 years, and you come back looking like azz, I can't consider you to be the "best!" If Floyd announces tomorrow that he's coming back, I can't say he's the "best" WW! If Andre Ward comes back to LHW next month, I can't say he's the "best" LHW!
                hmm didnt floyd came back from retirement and was called TBE? lol. looking like azz? did he loss that fight? going by your logic, i cant consider you the best when you havent fought the best! lmao!!!! this is all going by your logic. you cant have it both ways.

Comment

of course you're gonna say that to fit your agenda. but going by your logic, if a fighter retired for 2 years and then came back, he cant be consider as the best! lol. so that means no TBE. this is going by your logic. LOL

Comment

so then what's the point of spence even fighting thurman to see who's the best when thurman already got ruled out because he took 2 years off? LOL.

so going by your logic, by the time spence/thurman happens, you;re gonna throw shade at the fight right based on your logic? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hmm didnt floyd came back from retirement and was called TBE? lol. looking like azz? did he loss that fight? going by your logic, i cant consider you the best when you havent fought the best! lmao!!!! this is all going by your logic. you cant have it both ways.
                      When was Floyd gone for 2 years? I'll wait?

Comment

Working...
                      X