No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Hires Johnathon Banks as New Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    Exactly. Abel brought nothing to the table.
    That much was evident when Gassiev looked clueless against Usyk. He assumes brute strength is going to win.

Comment

Sorry Golovkin but how is this guy better than Abel?

So disappointing

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
        That much was evident when Gassiev looked clueless against Usyk. He assumes brute strength is going to win.
        You remember Gassiev's corner instructions in that fight? How he could turn it around? I don't. That's been Sanchez in every important fight I remember him being a part of since the Jacobs fight.

Gassiev needs to leave him, too.

Comment

Loeffler probably suggested Banks to him.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
            Abel didn't even have a game plan. If it wasn't for Gennady fighting the way he did in the 2nd half, he wouldn't have got back in the fight.
            It was GGG who made the ill advised decision to retreat and jab for much of the fight. That wasn't the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Edit: i apologize to Mr. Banks. That headline is clickbait. He didn't say that at all. He said alot of good things imo. GGG throwing more body shots, upping the tempo, Jab even more, not allowing Canelo to back him up etc. He said if GGG can up the tempo and pace to a point where Canelo gets uncomfortable and starts swinging back, GGG can knock him out in 6 rounds. He got belief in GGG and he wasn't even his trainer back then.
              Last edited by DuckAdonis; 05-04-2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caxcan View Post
                It was GGG who made the ill advised decision to retreat and jab for much of the fight. That wasn't the plan.
                Abel doesn't have plans. He wanted him to stand toe to toe and exchange body shots. That wasn't working so Golovkin decided to box and that's what gave him success.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  You remember Gassiev's corner instructions in that fight? How he could turn it around? I don't. That's been Sanchez in every important fight I remember him being a part of since the Jacobs fight.

Gassiev needs to leave him, too.
                  It's why Barrera left, Joyce left, Diaz left, Golovkin, idk about Saucedo but he was taking too much punishment. He isn't teaching anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    I think Klitschko went 15-1 with Manny. He hired him after the Sanders loss, not Brewster.
                    Yep your right. Wikipedia confused me with their wording. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Didn't see this coming. Not much training will be needed to beat Rolls to a pulp.

Comment

Working...
                      X