Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergey Kovalev vs. Andre Ward: who will you be rooting for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    If Kovalev and Ward fight in November as has been announced, who will you be rooting for and why?

Kovalev had VADA testing for his last fight with Pascal. Will Ward (who worked with Victor Conte) accept VADA testing?

Will Ward have a referee who is on his side, and permits him to foul (like Jack Reiss did in Ward-Kessler, or Lawrence Cole did for the home boxer in Lomachenko-Salido)?

Cold and Reiss shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this fight. A perfect referee would be the one who officiated Jennings vs Wlad, that way we'll see the best of Andre Ward and not so much of his spoiling tactics. Another referee who should be barred from officiating also I'd say the referee who took charge of Povetkin vs Wlad I forget his name. Honestly the best referee would be the guy who took Wlad's last fight in New York, he's perfect for the job.

All this said I still think Ward wins 8-4 in an exceptionally close fight round by round. I root for Ward and Kovalev pressed for an answer who I want to win I can't give one, honestly.

Both are going to have just as successful careers after this fight they're both relatively young and both will be dodged like the bubonic plague guys like Stevenson, GGG and Beterbiev will never face them, their hardest task will be getting another fight as meaningful as this one thereafter, enjoy the build up and fight whilst we have it.

Comment

• Poll numbers are really close.

I'm rooting for Kovalev, but I'm hoping for a good, competitive fight. Both guys are A class fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        I always get the feeling that we'd get to know a lot more if he'd just be able to speak in Russian through an interpreter. His English is pretty limited, still.
        Last edited by Weltschmerz; 11-11-2016, 05:20 AM.

Comment

• Rooting for and picking Ward

Comment

Working...
          X