Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chad Van Sickle ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
      to be fair, the fight got thrown together on like a 2 week notice. not sure if it's even going to be televised. he's got Stiverne lined up next.
      Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      This is a week before the fight... so it's kind of alright.

But were they really just like, you feel like fighting next week? Screw it, fight next week
      Spare me the bull**** excuses. Im a Wilder fan but these people fkin knew the Stiverne fight wasn't gonna happen. Even us here on the forums said the Stiverne fight wasnt gonna happen any time soon. They've had plenty of time to find an opponent. These people are doing this dude more harm than good. He's gonna be ****ed.

Comment

Why do you guys care? I'm just wondering. This is a meaningless fight that he'll get paid 10K for on SHO Extreme in front of 100 fans. This doesn't hurt anybody. It's as if you believe you deserve some say over what Wilder does. You didn't even know he was gonna fight again before the Stiverne match. Who cares if he fights 10 guys like this before November. He is fighting the best heavyweight not named Wladimir at the end of the year. What are you all crying about?

Comment

Isn't he about to fight stiverne. This fight doesn't really mean anything

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Why do you guys care? I'm just wondering. This is a meaningless fight that he'll get paid 10K for on SHO Extreme in front of 100 fans. This doesn't hurt anybody. It's as if you believe you deserve some say over what Wilder does. You didn't even know he was gonna fight again before the Stiverne match. Who cares if he fights 10 guys like this before November. He is fighting the best heavyweight not named Wladimir at the end of the year. What are you all crying about?
            probably because most fans like to see title shots earned and good tough fights before landing the big one

Comment

he sees the end is near. he just wants to get at least one last check before he has to have his first, and last, real fight. stiverne will undoubtedly retire him

Comment

Originally posted by YOU WILL LOSE View Post
                he sees the end is near. he just wants to get at least one last check before he has to have his first, and last, real fight. stiverne will undoubtedly retire him
                The Sunday after the Stiverne fight will be amazing. I can't wait to see everyone backtracking, I am curious if it will be "Stiverne was a bum" or "I knew Wilder was a beast"? Stiverne is taking a nap and Wilder is the Sandman.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                  to be fair, the fight got thrown together on like a 2 week notice. not sure if it's even going to be televised. he's got Stiverne lined up next.
                  I've heard this excuse by Wilder's team (actually directly from Jay Deas his manager after I called 'em out on it once). It's the same old story - "we got so and so on short notice..."

Frankly this is inexcusable, Wilder is the WBC #1 contender and he's fighting an opponent that an up-and-coming hw would fight in his first 10-15 fights, not your 34th professional fight.

His management has been overly risk averse and it may bite him in the arse when he finally steps up against Stiverne.

Comment

They are just giving him another showing for a super awesome fall showdown for the belt

Comment

Might as well put him back in with Charlie Zellenoff. He got more of a work out in that fight then in all of his pro fights combined lol

He HAD to of gotten KO'd in sparring before. That's only reason even remotely plausible for why he's fought nothing but nobodies for 30 straight fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X