Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trout-ginger must happen, winner gets Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
    angulo aint top ten?Are u an idiot?Whos in ur top ten at 154?
    Heres mine Floyd,trout,canelo,molina,lara,cotto,kirkland,angu lo,vanes,k9,
    Now urs
    Am I an idiot? lol. I used to have Angulo in my Top 10 until his year of inactivity and the 7 months in prison coupled with his recent poor performance against an unknown welterweight. I've always liked Angulo for his entertaining fan-friendly style, but in his current state he'll lose a decision or get KO'd by any decent opponent. He needs a few more tune-ups before he can take on a top contender at this point. Fighting Canelo now could ruin his career period.

Here's my top 10 at 154:
    Mostly based on their resume pertaining recent fights

1) Trout
    2) Mayweather
    3) Lara
    4) Cotto
    5) Canelo
    6) Molina
    7) Vanes
    8) Kirkland
    9) Baysangurov
    10) Bundrage
    Keith Thurman could probably make this list as soon as he fights a name opponent at 154.

Here's my top 10 Head-to-Head at 154:
    Basically who would be able to beat the most contenders given styles always play a role in head-to-head match-ups.

1) Trout
    2) Mayweather
    3) Lara
    4) Canelo
    5) Cotto
    6) Molina
    7) Thurman
    8) Vanes
    9) Kirkland
    10) Maciel (I've seen some of his fights and he looks pretty good)

I believe that once Angulo get's back in top shape he would return to the top 10, but the Angulo who fought Silva could get KO'd by a some of these guys (a prime Angulo already got KO'd by Kirkland and lost a decision to Cintron).

Comment

lol. trout who?

Comment

Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
        Trout is not that good. He beats Cotto and you guys act like he's an elite fighter.
        and that win is greater than any ginger's win... ~truth~

Comment

I might be wrong, but Canelo looks more like an hype than "the real thing" to me.

From what I've seen Trout is likely to outsmart and outbox Canelo. And that is why this fight is probably not going to happen.

Comment

I agree.

This is the logical fight to make next and the winner fight Mayweather but it's just not going to happen IMO.

Comment

It should, that's the logical next fight. Never gonna happen though.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                It should, that's the logical next fight. Never gonna happen though.
                I am glad Cotto gave Trout the chance. It also turns 154 away from the hype behind ginger, which is a very good thing. Because ginger is the least deserving of any big ppv fight & now that Trout has a W over the very well known Cotto & ran ginger from the audience & even called him out in Spanish, there's no excuse if & when ginger ducks him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  I am glad Cotto gave Trout the chance. It also turns 154 away from the hype behind ginger, which is a very good thing. Because ginger is the least deserving of any big ppv fight & now that Trout has a W over the very well known Cotto & ran ginger from the audience & even called him out in Spanish, there's no excuse if & when ginger ducks him.
                  Did you catch All Access: Epilogue? Trout says about 4 or 5 time how grateful he was for the oppurtunity. Cotto gave him his shot and he took full advantage. Not the result I wanted though obviously.

Trout, unless Cotto enforces his rematch clause, which it doesn't look like he will, might STILL have trouble getting big fights now.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    Did you catch All Access: Epilogue? Trout says about 4 or 5 time how grateful he was for the oppurtunity. Cotto gave him his shot and he took full advantage. Not the result I wanted though obviously.

Trout, unless Cotto enforces his rematch clause, which it doesn't look like he will, might STILL have trouble getting big fights now.
                    It is indeed true, never thought of it before.

I admit I didn't know much about Trout before he fought Cotto, just a name I heard/read about. When the Cotto fight was announced I started to look for some videos, just to see how good this guy was.

After watching a few fights I started to think that his style could be effective against Cotto (if I'm not mistaken I even voted for him in a pool here).

That to say, Cotto is the only fighter I can think of who, instead of looking for a big name on his cv and PPV revenue, fought a very tough guy relatively unknown to the major public, testing himself, and giving the other a -huge- chance.

Credit to Cotto, he is not my favorite fighter, but showed great respect for the sport. Admirable.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Na, that fight can wait. there's much more exciting fights for Canelo like Kirkland, Angulo and Cotto.

That's what they said about #4 ranked Ryan Rhodes. "Canelo's first real test". Then they were calling Cintron a good test for Canelo's age. I guess there's fake tests and real tests depending on who you talk to.
                      Stop protecting Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X