Phone interviews

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone interviews

Are ****ing stupid.

I've got one in like...5 minutes, and I'm dreading it already. I always have to disguise my answers and I end up feeling like I came off really badly, because I'm being fake. Afterwards I feel like a dog who was "doing tricks" for his master.

Then again, if I answered these things as my brutally honest, painfully acerbic self, I probably couldn't even get a job mopping floors.

Anybody else hate these things and their vaguely ******ed questions, or what?

Never had a phone interview.

I always think it's best not to be fake or real in interviews but rather be short, to the point and don't repeat yourself.

Talk about how excited you are to go into that field, that company and the opportunity it brings.

Can't get to personal but can't be too robotic either.

Comment

Yeah, it's a tightrope act, for sure.

"Be yourself" is like, the worst ****ing advice you could ever give to a person like me, and I hate whenever people say that to me. Naturally, some smarmy prick is going to waltz into my thread now and tell me that, too.

If I was being myself, I'd rib the guy about being late to call me, because he was supposed to call 6 minutes ago.

Comment

just be yourself dawg

Comment

Har har har.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            Yeah, it's a tightrope act, for sure.

"Be yourself" is like, the worst ****ing advice you could ever give to a person like me, and I hate whenever people say that to me. Naturally, some smarmy prick is going to waltz into my thread now and tell me that, too.

If I was being myself, I'd rib the guy about being late to call me, because he was supposed to call 6 minutes ago.
            Yea, I wouldn't advise you do that...haha

It's not really a tightrope act as much as it's just telling them what they want to hear. Forget about you and what you want to say because as terrible as this sounds, it's not really about that.

Look at it like spitting game to a female, you aren't really fake but you are also just telling her what she wants to hear so you can have her panties around her ankles and be balls deep behind your car.

So it's the same think Bringer, just ear fuk the **** out of the interviewer.
            Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 03-16-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Now that's the kind of advice I can get behind.

Comment

You up for a job interview you lucky ****?

Comment

i've only ever had one, and it was for a job doing tele-sales, so a phone interview was probably the best way for them to evaluate me.

He called me when i was in the pub, i didnt expect it, i only emailed about the job that morning. Id about 5 pints in me and was talking pure ****e. He loved it, got the job straight away.

Comment

Yes, they are ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X