No announcement yet.

Anyone else agree SRR is overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
    Everybody in history was overrated! Sugar Ray Robinson was just a little better than all them.
    Well put sir

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Agreed. It was a very close fight, much the same way Holmes-Williams was a close fight. Im just curious about the double standard slimey has set here.

A very close fight would suggest that the result could be debated.I am still waiting for somebody to put forward a decent argument as for Doug Jones winning anything more than three rounds.

It's a joke that Doug Jones is being credited for having great "facial defense".

He lost a clear decision.

Comment

• Do you really need evidence that the fight was controversial? Come on, not even you can be that dense.
        My post went over you head again innit, old man. My statement you are trying to refute is the fact that Holmes probably had the most gift decisions from all the ATG HW's. Are the Ali-Liston fights close, yes or no?
        Come on, it's not that hard to answer the question mate.

And you show me where I said Jones won, right? I didn't, but quite a few have.
        Actually only Ali haters claim it was close. Objective boxing fans do not doubt Ali's victory. Why don't you try to answer donkim?

I've already won. You were either to blind or to stupid to count past two, ya ta ta.
        If it makes ya sleep better at night, then NO you didn't win ****e, old man

Lmao!!! It must burn you up that most respected historians have Louis in the top 2 and Holmes anywhere between 3 and 7 all time huh?
        It seems to me that it is burning you up that I don't rate bumbeater and Holmes highly.

(yawn) Im growing tired now.
        Getting sleepy already, old man? Or have you forgotten to take you medication.

Comment

• Originally posted by donkim View Post
          A very close fight would suggest that the result could be debated.I am still waiting for somebody to put forward a decent argument as for Doug Jones winning anything more than three rounds.

It's a joke that Doug Jones is being credited for having great "facial defense".

He lost a clear decision.
          The two judges scored the fight 5-4-1 for Ali. Do you not agree many of the rounds were close? Is it not a fact that many people called this fight fixed? It was a close fight, thats all there is to it. If they had fought again I think Ali would have given him a beating, but they didn't so this is it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
            My post went over you head again innit, old man. My statement you are trying to refute is the fact that Holmes probably had the most gift decisions from all the ATG HW's. Are the Ali-Liston fights close, yes or no?
            Come on, it's not that hard to answer the question mate.

Nope, just controversial even to this day.

Actually only Ali haters claim it was close. Objective boxing fans do not doubt Ali's victory. Why don't you try to answer donkim?
            Lol, anyone who doesn't agree with you is either a hater or a hugger. You're the MOST unobjective poster on these boards.

If it makes ya sleep better at night, then NO you didn't win ****e, old man

. Yup I know. Whats 2+2= again? 3+1=? 6-2=? 9-5=? 2x2=? 4x1=? all basic math. You really should have stayed in school.

It seems to me that it is burning you up that I don't rate bumbeater and Holmes highly.
            Your opinion doesn't mean crap to me or anybody else. Hell, you have Wlad in your top 10, you're an idiot.
            Getting sleepy already, old man? Or have you forgotten to take you medication.
            Slimey, you're gonna have to do better than "old man" if you want to get under my skin. I mean seriously, is that all you got? Is that your best?

Comment

• Nope, just controversial even to this day.
              And does that have ****e to do with my main argument? No, so you failed in a very epic way there mate.

Lol, anyone who doesn't agree with you is either a hater or a hugger. You're the MOST unobjective poster on these boards.
              The only people that claim Douggie won that fight are either trying to discredit Ali or simply hate him. Go ahead, make an argument as to how Doug won that fight. Lets hear it.

Yup I know. Whats 2+2= again? 3+1=? 6-2=? 9-5=? 2x2=? 4x1=? all basic math. You really should have stayed in school.
              Kudos mate. Now, lets try that again without a modern device.

Your opinion doesn't mean crap to me or anybody else. Hell, you have Wlad in your top 10, you're an idiot.
              Now you're just blatantly telling lies lad. My opinion means everything to you. I get more responses from my posts in a month than you have gotten from yours your entire stay in this website. I have people going mad only because I don't worship Gay and Louis like they were flawless Gods.

Slimey, you're gonna have to do better than "old man" if you want to get under my skin. I mean seriously, is that all you got? Is that your best?
              Actually, that has gotten under your skin more than anything else I've thrown at you so far, because I made you go on an offtopic emotional rant, and even pissed you off badly enough for you to give me about 3 infractions. Obviously i'm getting under your wrinkly skin, old man.

Lets also hear more about your boxing career, killer. I wanna know what a tough guy you were.

Comment

• Comment

• Roy Jones hit harder than Robinson a man rated by ring magazine 11th on greatest punchers of all time and knocked out a man who had never been of his feet before with one punch. Roy Jones may be faster but he is nowhere near the skill level of Robinson which is why he became washed up once his speed eroded, Jones had a shaky chin at best Ray Robinson would have knocked him out. Robinson is not overrated he had it all apeed, boxing skill and power in both hands

Comment

• I gotta admit the truth......

Even though Ray Robinson is my favorite fighter ever, I can not tell a lie.

So, being careful to not let the fact that Ray Robinson is my all-time #1 favorite fighter ever cloud my judgement, or skew my honesty in posting a totally subjective opinion, I have to admit, in all honesty, that.....Ray Robinson is the best P4P fighter ever.

Most assuredly NOT over-rated. They'll still be talking about him a hundred years from now as being an all time great. When the very best fighters are ever mentioned, his name will be brought up.

That a big majority of boxing historians (that's US) DO rank him so high is meaningful.

Comment

• I wonder how many people who comment actually have sat down and watched one or more full fights? I only have seen highlights so I couldn't tell you honestly.

Comment

Working...
                      X