No announcement yet.

A Younger McCall Might Have Given Klitschko a Tough Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Younger McCall Might Have Given Klitschko a Tough Fight

I think a younger McCall might have given Klitschko problems. He's one of the few heayweights I can think of who could take constant punishment and keep on going. He was always countering with some sharp, fast punches, and even though he had a lot of trouble outside the ring, always came in great condition.

I'll admit that not many heavyweights past or present could outbox these Klitschkos. It's possible if you've a ton of stamina, fight on the outside coming in, and don't get caught too often. But the best way is to just turn it into a brutal fight.

He would of cryed because he would of been frustrated by the jab

Comment

Possibly. But he was always there, ready to unload a big shot. He was pretty much knockout proof. He would have been tougher than any of Vit's opponents besides Lewis.

Comment

The fans lose out in the end because we'll never see him fight a really good heavyweight. We only have the Lennox Lewis fight to look at. There are no Lennox Lewis', Evander Holyfields, Rididick Bowes, Mike Tysons, Larry Holmes', Ike Ibeabuchis, or even a prime McCall.

Klitschko is a very good fighter. But there is no one out there to challenge him.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
          The fans lose out in the end because we'll never see him fight a really good heavyweight. We only have the Lennox Lewis fight to look at. There are no Lennox Lewis', Evander Holyfields, Rididick Bowes, Mike Tysons, Larry Holmes', Ike Ibeabuchis, or even a prime McCall.

Klitschko is a very good fighter. But there is no one out there to challenge him.
          Why do you have a komodo dragon as your avi?

Also, why McCall specifically? Are we just ignoring the obvious choices like Holmes, (prime) Lewis etc. Just a question not to be patronising.

I think and in and out fighter with a very good jab would trouble Vitali greatly, (prime) Liston is a guy I see beating Vitali if he were around. It's just speculation though so it doesn't really matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
            Why do you have a komodo dragon as your avi?

Also, why McCall specifically? Are we just ignoring the obvious choices like Holmes, (prime) Lewis etc. Just a question not to be patronising.

I think and in and out fighter with a very good jab would trouble Vitali greatly, (prime) Liston is a guy I see beating Vitali if he were around. It's just speculation though so it doesn't really matter.
            The rest are all obvious ones. But I think McCall would have been a very tough fight out of the not so obvious choices. Either a very good all round boxer, or a tough as nails fighter prepared to go to war. Those are what it would take to beat Klitschko. Herbie Hide had a very good first round against Klitschko, but got careless and was caught. He never had the chin to be a great heavyweight anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X